|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 26, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Project Overview and Role:
CATALYZE is a $250 million 5 to an 8-year program designed to mobilize $2 billion in private capital, especially to underfinanced social sectors, such as education, and higher-risk countries around the globe, particularly low-income and post-conflict countries. The program is complemented by a cross-cutting inclusion of gender-lens investing and will provide services to many missions and bureaus that “buy in” to tap the CATALYZE investment and pay-for-results project management expertise. Our aim is for investors to explore and find commercially viable opportunities and approaches to creating jobs, developing sustainable social services, tightening, and rationalizing supply chains, and advancing inclusive growth.
USAID CATALYZE Ethiopia: MS4G is designed to benefit the Ethiopian people, build community resilience, and strengthen rural-urban linkages in the areas of food security and WASH. MS4G invests in developing strong relationships with private sector players, co-investing in inclusive business models, advisory services, digital solutions, and market-based initiatives that increase the resilience and sustainability of Ethiopian enterprises and employment for women and youth.
MS4G uses a market systems approach to address key food security and WASH sub-systems and the impact of economic shocks, including COVID-19 and political instability, by stimulating adoption, adaptation, broad expansion, responsive institutionalization, and scaling of approaches and business models to transform the lives of Ethiopians.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The MS4G MEL Assistant will report to MS4G MEL Manager. Their key responsibilities include:
- Assist the MEL Manager in the development of tools for monitoring and tracking of program activities and results.
- Assist with training organized for the project staff and partners and in monitoring, performance reporting and learning.
- Assist in the management of data collection platform (IMPACTs system), including training of project partners and staff in data collection process.
- Conduct M&E data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators, develop M&E database and data collection & reporting tools, data quality assurance and data entry into the project MIS database,
- Work on data entry and cleaning in the M&E databases.
- Provide technical support for the MEL team in developing data collection tools Assist the MEL manager in proper warehousing of project data and verifications.
- Assist with drafting learning and communications materials, such as case studies, learning briefs, and success stories.
- Participate in the identification, analysis and synthesis of lessons learned from program implementation
- Organize regular project collaboration, learning and adaptation events,
- Take other duties as requested by the MEL Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, computer science, and/or related area of study;
- Technical skills, including the ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software, including, SPSS, Stata, MS Access, Excel and others.
- Previous work experience with USAID donor projects is desired.
- General understanding of monitoring and evaluation systems, project results and indicators.
- Experience creating communications materials, such as case studies and success stories, is desired.
- Computer literacy and competency in use of Microsoft Office software such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Internet-based applications such as SharePoint.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to compile and interpret project data.
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.