|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The role of the National Civil Engineer/Hydraulic Engineer is to contribute to the work of the PIU in the planning and implementation of all measures related to farmland management and production systems. The duty station of the National Soil and Water Conservation Specialist will be Afar region.
Specific Tasks: The tasks of this expert are comprehensive and include (but are not necessarily restricted to) the following:
- Assistance to the CTA and the civil engineers (short-term consultants) in the site selection, the assessment/feasibility study for the construction of small-scale irrigation systems and water pipelines (and possibly other smaller water supply systems);
- Support the selection of suited sites for intervention (together with National Rangeland Management Specialist);
- Support the elaboration of tender documents for measures to be implemented;
- Support the establishment of designs (including BoQ);
- Identification of implementation options for rural water infrastructures (contractors, NGOs, etc.)
- Taking part in supervision of works, acceptance of works;
- Contribute to the elaboration of environmental and social impact assessments for the individual measures to be implemented;
- Work with the project team on the development of a strategy for soil conservation measures;
- Establish baselines and follow-up of project indicators.
- Postgraduate qualification in water supply engineering or a similar field;
- At least 7 years of practical work experience related to water infrastructure measures (e.g. construction/rehabilitation of rural water infrastructure, preferably with regard to water harvesting);
- Work experience gained in international organisations, public sector institutions and/or funding agencies;
- Proficiency in the English language; proficiency in Afar language would be a strong asset.
Interested and qualified applicants can send their CV through :firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Use "National Monitoring & Evaluation Expert" as the subject line of your email !