|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
|Category|| Communication |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Internship |
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #135/2020
Addressing land policy is critical for a world without hunger, for climate resilience and sustainable urbanization. Policy-makers’ awareness of the importance of land governance has grown over the last years and key milestones include the African Land Policy Center (ALPC) that led to the 2009 adoption of a Framework and Guidelines on Land Policy in Africa (F&G) by African Heads of State and the “Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land, Fisheries and Forests in the Context of National Food Security’ (VGGT) that were adopted in 2012 by the Committee for World Food Security (CFS).
To help Africa translate this policy consensus into effective strengthening of land governance on the ground, the German Government - through its special initiative ‘One World, No Hunger’ – has established the program “Strengthening Advisory Capacities for Land Governance in Africa” (SLGA). GIZ was tasked with the implementation of SLGA in partnership with ALPC. The core activity of SLGA is the orchestration of a “Network of Excellence on Land Governance in Africa” (NELGA).
So far, around 70 institutions across Africa have been integrated in the NELGA. Regional nodes have been selected and are financially supported to facilitate the implementation and coordination of the network. The NELGA Secretariat coordinates the different regional nodes.
Application deadline: 24 October 2020
Required Candidates: One
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
|The Communication and Digital Intern will assist the Communication and Knowledge Management Officer in implementing NELGA digital communication efforts.|
• Assist in drafting content and managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube).
• Update NELGA subscription mailing list
• Assist in content collation for newsletter
• Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
• Identify leaders and influencers (internal/external) for online engagement
• Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed
Translations from English to French (and German) and vice versa (through online tools)
· Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Ability to identify window of opportunity for social media engagement and brand amplification
· Excellent phone photography and video editing skills
· Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
· Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. HootSuite, Google Analytics)
· Knowledge of graphic design (Adobe/Canva) is a plus
· Strong working knowledge of digital marketing applications is a plus
· Well-developed interpersonal and team working skills; ability to operate effectively in teams; initiative, persistence and positive attitude.
· A university degree in an appropriate field
· Excellent command of spoken and written English and desirably French or German
· Be based in Addis Ababa
Ability to deal sensitively in multicultural environments
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ”135/2020 National Intern” in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.