|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Economics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Procurement Officer is a full-time position and he/she shall work under the supervision of the CTA and Deputy CTA. The duty station will be Semera.
Specific Tasks: The tasks of this expert are comprehensive and include (but are not necessarily restricted to) the following:
- Identify viable livelihood opportunities generated from rehabilitation of rangeland through undertaking technical feasibility and market opportunity assessment
- Conduct value chain assessment for selected commodities and prepare value chain development plan to be financed by the project
- Support in organizing the target community in various groups/cooperatives including pastoral SACCOs, IGA groups, small business groups
- Provide training to community groups on business planning and management
- Establish market linkage for commodities produced by community groups
- At least MBA, MSC In Economies, Rural Development or other related field
- At least 7 years of practical work experience in this field, gained in international organisations, and/or funding agencies
- Proven knowledge in the area of community-based livelihood development, promotion of small business and IGA, and entrepreneurship with at least five years working experience in pastoral areas
- Has a good understanding on Ethiopia rural development, Small Scale and Medium Enterprise development and cooperatives promotion policies
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills as well as stakeholder management and coordination experiences.
- Proficiency in the English language; proficiency in Afar language would be a strong asset
Interested and qualified applicants can send their CV through :email@example.com
Note: Use "National Livelihood Development Expert" as the subject line of your email !