|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 30, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Position Title||National Programme Support Officer|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||30.03.20 - 14.04.20|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.Context: General functions:
Under the supervision of the Programme Support Officer and in close collaboration with the Project Development and Policy Officer and other relevant colleagues in the Mission, in IOM RO in Nairobi and in HQ, the incumbent will be supporting the Mission’s Programme Support Unit (PSU) in planning, budgeting, liaison, and reporting for relevant projects and programmes, and be the mission’s focal point for Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSAE) and Gender.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting an ongoing contextual analysis of needs to identify potential programme / project activities and formulate project concepts in relevant service/ thematic areas and areas of interest to IOM in line with the IOM mandate, with the East and Horn of Africa Regional Strategy, and with national, regional and global development priorities;
- Participate in the design and development of new project proposals in close coordination with relevant colleagues/units in the Mission and the IOM RO, and HQs if needed, and other key stakeholders for fundraising;
- Review concept notes and proposals developed by Project personnel in units/departments;
- Work closely with sub office unit heads/ colleagues and assist to develop their capacity on project development and design;
- Maintain a positive relationship with donors and engaging into discussions with donors and potential donors on project ideas and proposals, promoting IOM interest;
- Create and maintain an active data base of donors with priority areas and funding trends identified;
- Provide technical guidande and follow up with project managers on project reporting and intervene, whenever needed, monitor donor reports are submitted in line with endorsed project proposals;
- Develop internal procedures for staff and other personnel to report incidents of sexual exploitation and abuse, consistent with IOM’s rules and approved by the Headquarters Task Force on PSEA (HQ TF on PSEA);
- Provide awareness-raising sessions on sexual exploitation and abuse and basic gender concepts for all staff in the mission and ensure that PSEA focal points at sub-offices are designated, trained and well informed on reporting procedures as well as receiving complaints;
- Support the mission in the implementation of IOM’s Gender Equality Policy (2015–2019) and in the integration of gender perspectives into all IOM programs, policies and within human resources management;
- Actively engage and coordinate with the Gender Coordination Unit (GCU) at HQ;
- Ensure that the Chief of Mission, Project Development and Policy Officer, GCU and IOM HQ TF on PSEA, as well as in-country interagency coordinators are fully informed of relevant PSEA/gender work plans and reports;
- Participate in relevant meetings, as requested by the supervisor;
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, business administration, or other relevant field
· 6 years relevant professional experience for master’s degree holders and 8 years for Degree Holders.
· Demonstrated expertise in the thematic area relevant to project development.
· Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs
· Experience of regional issues a distinct advantage
· Experience with project planning, scheduling and deployment of resources, and evaluation and assessment.
· Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English and Amharic.
· Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
Values and Competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by April 14 , 2020 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!