|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The role of the National Soil and Water Conservation Specialist is to contribute to the work of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in the planning and implementation of all measures related to the management of natural resources in particular soil and water, particularly for the rehabilitation of rangeland. The duty station of the National Soil and Water Conservation Specialist will be the Afar region.
Specific Tasks: The tasks of this expert are comprehensive and include (but are not necessarily restricted to) the following:
- Prepare land use plans together with the local population and in coordination with German Technical Cooperation (GIZ);
- Advise on soil and water conservation measures and technologies;
- Support the selection of suited sites for intervention (together with National Rangeland Management Specialist);Support the elaboration of tender documents for measures to be implemented;
- Taking part in supervision of works, acceptance of works;
- Contribute to the elaboration of environmental and social impact assessments for the individual measures to be implemented;
- Establish baselines and follow-up of the progress of project performance indicators;
- Work with the project team on the development of a strategy for soil conservation measures;
- Work together with the rangeland management specialist on planning and implementation of rangeland rehabilitation measures.
- Educational background in Soil & Water conservation, Agricultural engineering, hydraulic engineering or a similar related discipline;
- Good knowledge and at least 7 years of practical experience in physical & biological soil and water conservation techniques, small scale irrigation development; hydrology and water resource management in dry and semi-dry areas;
- Good knowledge and experience in the design, establishment and operation of soil and water conservation measures; small scale irrigation scheme
- Experience and proven track record in participatory methods;
- Proficiency in the English language; proficiency in Afar language would be a strong asset.
Interested and qualified applicants can send their CV through :email@example.com
Note: Use "National Monitoring & Evaluation Expert" as the subject line of your email !