|Location||Kebribeyah, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
· To ensure that all the Natural Resource and Environmental Protection component of the project in Kebribeyah and surrounding communities implemented according to LWF policies and donor and government agreements,
· Co-ordinate, develop and perform the environmental protection project activities
· Delivery program linked to LWF project in the Kebribeyah Climate Resilient Livelihood. Specifically carry out technical, administrative and communication tasks associated with the project activity and delivery project,
· Provide technical guidance in implementing the project interventions aim to rebuild the environment of the project and the surrounding areas/kebeles,
· Plan, coordinate and monitor environmental activities with the relevant stakeholders- communities and government bodies,
· Identify capacity gaps and provide technical support to target beneficiaries,
· Develop materials for awareness rising and conduct training for the community on environmental matters,
· Control the nursery activities and raises seedlings and distribute to the beneficiaries as planned.
· Undertake environmental impact assessment studies for the project,
· Facilitate effective implementation of the project as per the plan, set action plan (timetable and allocated budget and define roles and responsibilities of relevant actors),
· Prepare draft concept paper/project proposal related to environmental protection activities,
· Promote local landraces farming practices
· Promote community seed banks
· Design appropriate capacity building initiatives for stakeholders to assure that the sub-sector activities are implemented,
· Promote Conservation Agricultural and provide support to farmers to practice the CA
· Undertake community mobilization and regular monitoring and evaluation of the project and reporting to the project coordinator,
· Launch and follow necessary procurements and transfer of equipment and or materials to field projects, under supervision of the project coordinator,
· Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi annually and annual reports on environmental component of the project,
· Collect and document all the necessary information on project activities for reporting, sharing and learning, and carry out tasks associated with the environmental protection and management activities.
· Prepare programmatic and financial reports as required,
· Undertake LWF representation with Government, Partners and officials around the project area,
· Follow procedure as outlined in LWF World Service Ethiopia Staff Rules, Collective Agreement and other Operation Manuals;
· Perform any other duties as assigned to him by the Project Coordinator or his designate.
Qualification and Experience:
· Masters or Bachelor Degree in Natural Resource Management or Forestry or related fields from recognized University/College
· Minimum of one year relevant work experience for Master’s Degree and three years for Bachelor Degree.
· Experiences in Soil & Water and Natural Resource Conservation activities, nursery development, environmental protection, community mobilization and planning and implementation of watershed management are advantageous
· NGO Experience is advantageous
· Strong communication skill in English (written and oral)
· Ability to interact with people
· Knowledge in areas of food or cash based intervention (CBI)
· Good skill in monitoring and evaluation
· Knowledge in Remote Sensing & GIS is highly appreciated
· Other job related trainings
· Speaking Somali language is advantageous.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through ethiojobs.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.