|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Sahay Mobile Money is an electronic money transfer product that enables users to store value in their wallet and via USSD with SIM cards of their mobile phone and via their Sahay mobile app, in the form of electronic currency that can be used for multiple purposes including transfers to other users, payments for goods and services, and conversion to and from cash. Sahay Mobile Money has become a technological platform that has enabled financial transactions with ease and in real time efficiently. Other products have endogenously been developed and rolled out on this technological platform.
Network Engineer Job Description
- Are you an experienced Network Engineer looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your career?
- If you are a friendly, customer-focused, organized, detail focused person able to thrive in a fast paced environment , we have the perfect job for you!
- We are looking for a competent, ambitious Network Engineer who will take responsibility for the overall operational health (Security, Availability, Performance, Interoperability and Reliability) of our data communications systems.
- We strongly believe in deliverability and skills than paper works, that is why we also try our best to hire both self-thought and schooled engineers.
Network Engineer Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, firewalls, load balancers hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware
- Configure, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipment and related services
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
- Architecting, creating, managing and maintaining Network, Server and PC health for clients (as defined by SLA)
- Managing existing and deploying new system configurations, including Linux OS,
- Windows Server, Virtualization Systems, Mobile Devices, Mobile Platforms and Desktops (Windows and MAC)
- Provide formal corporate communications on directional changes or changes that will impact existing services
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Monitor and maintain all levels of network security internally and externally
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security
- Previous working experience as a Network Engineer for minimum 1 - 2 year(s)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field is desirable
- Cisco certifications, CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP
- Hands on experience with equipment from HP, Fortinet or Cisco
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical, data driven problem solver
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
interested and qualified applicant should apply through