Night Manager / Manager on Duty (MOD)
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 10, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Hotel / Restaurant
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Night Manager will represent the Management during the night. The Night Manager also assists the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, and staffing in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
The Night Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office and enforces the Hotels Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Direct and oversee all hotel operations during the night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
- Conduct Briefing for all staff during Night Shift.
- Inform all Overnight staff of nightly activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.
- Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Front Office Manager dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Manage the night shift in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
- Required to welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Occasionally Assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests, valet park guests cars and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay.
- Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when over capacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. This effort must be coordinated with the Front Office Manager and/or Manager on Duty prior to shift start.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, assigning nightly work, conducting training, conducting counseling’s and evaluations and delivering recognition and also reward.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to perform the full night audit if needed.
- Oversee preparation of daily summary reports.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in implementing and enforcing financial controls throughout the department, helping with control of operating expenses, scheduling and purchasing.
- Should Show Initiative, Problem Solving, Staff Training, Team Leading.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
- Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Security department and/or the Front Office Manager.
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Front Office Manager / Resident Manager
- Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages. Good personality and charming is important to be the Night Manager in the way to represent him-self on behalf of hotel management.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Graduates Bachelor Degree/ Diploma in Hotel Management or other related field, 4/6 years’ experience in supervisory/management capacity, Computer knowledge and experience in Hotel Opera software and MS office programs is mandatory.
Interested applicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of document and other relevant testimonies to Intercontinental Addis Hotel Guinea Conakry (Tito) Street, Kazanchis, at Human Resource office during office hours from Nov 8, 2021 up to Nov 13, 2021. On the other option you can send an email to the hotel at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information call us 0115180444.
You must mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.