|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Washington Medical Center (WMC) is a specialized secondary care health facility managed and staffed by Ethiopian, American and other visiting doctors who are committed to provide quality & affordable health care for residents of Addis Ababa including the international community.
The company is owned and managed by a group of physicians who have decades of experience in healthcare service and management with training and exposure to western standard healthcare and training.
The medical center is born as a result of the shareholders’ deep understanding of the demand for high quality healthcare service in Ethiopia and their deep commitment to contribute what they can towards meeting that. It opened its doors for service in January 2015. It has since become one of the best and the biggest medical centers operating in Addis Ababa serving more than 120,000 patients in just five years.
Currently, the center is primarily an internal medicine specialty center which provides a 24hours service using US and Ethiopian trained doctors. Sub-specialty services of internal medicine such as cardiology, neurology, nephrology, hematology, oncology, endocrinology, infectious diseases and travel medicine are among other disciplines for which the consultant physicians are available. The center will continue to mobilize competent doctors from Ethiopia and abroad to join hands to expand its service even further. The medical center would also be a multi-specialty service center before being upgraded to a full blown tertiary care hospital and medical school.
We are looking for a Nursing Director to lead and oversee our nursing department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead all nursing personnel operations.
- Plan and oversee admission, nursing, and patient care processes.
- Respond to any nursing-related issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with medical staff and other departments to ensure hospital efficiency.
- Oversee all record-keeping processes and ensure all necessary documents are accurate and up-to-date.
- Evaluate staff performance and prepare accurate reports detailing your findings.
- Resolve issues and deficiencies when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- 10 years of experience
- Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.