|Location||Lagahidha, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 25, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Rift Valley Children and Women Development Organization (RCWDO) is a national Non-Governmental Organization established in 1993 G.C. It is operating in ten woredas of five zones of Oromia National Regional State implementing integrated rural community development programs in partnership with different international NGOs & bilateral funding agencies targeting people living in poverty and marginalization.
Currently, the organization would like to invite qualified, competent and interested applicants for a new project entitled by Amplify efforts for equal opportunity and to end Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWGs) for Nutrition Project Officer positions.
Nutrition project officer is responsible for the effective implementation of the basic nutrition activities; nutrition components, supervise and monitor health and nutritional situation of older persons and people with disabilities as well as medical support for sick in IDPs centers, access to non-food items for IDPs and better living condition, ensure technical quality of the project, and provide training and capacity building activities to community level volunteers.
Duration: One year
Education & Certification
- University degree in nutrition or other related field
- 4 years of practical experience in appropriate community health and nutrition programs
Essential knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of public health and nutrition one or more other relevant areas (e.g. health promotion, community health and nutrition development)
- Experience and understanding of community mobilization in relation to public health and nutrition activities
- Experience and ability to work under hardship environment and pressure
- Proven analytical and planning skills and the ability to think strategically
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain basic working relationships with partners and ability to facilitate community discussion and ability to take action based on feedback
- Understand and uphold International Humanitarian principles, codes and standards
- Good written and spoken English and Afaan Oromo is essential.
Interested applicants are required to send their application within 7 consecutive days of this announcement to RCWDO Head office HR & Admin Department.
Rift Valley Children and Women
Development Organization (RCWDO)
Gurd Shola on CMC Road,
AHF Building, 3rd floor office number 304
Telephone 011 647 8382 or 011 647 8404