|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 30, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Established in 1991, the Ethiopian Human Rights Council (EHRCO) is the first non-governmental human rights organization working on the promotion and protection of human rights in Ethiopia. EHRCO is free from the influence of political parties, religious institutions, tribal groups, and social classes. It stands for democracy, the rule of law and the respect of human rights. In accordance with “The Civil Society Organizations Proclamation No 1113/2019”, EHRCO was re-registered as an independent and non-profit human rights institution.
The Ethiopian Human Rights Council (EHRCO) would like to conversion its financial systems and Financial management procedures in to International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) by revising and updating of the existing Financial Systems.
The Ethiopian Human Rights Council (EHRCO) is seeking to employ competent Firms who are interested to carry out IPSAS conversion.
Therefore, competent firms, which are, fulfilled the following eligibility criteria are invited to participate:
Objective of Assignment
The main objectives of the assignment are:
- To support the implementation of IPSAS in preparing the annual financial statements of EHRCO by providing required technical assistance, detailed gap analysis building on previous experience, and developing a roadmap for IPSAS implementation.
- Providing required capacity building and recommending modifications in information system/software, policy, processes and other required changes as deemed necessary.
- Work with EHRCO in preparing the annual financial statements of EHRCO for FY 2017, 2018 & 2019 based on IPSAS.
General Scope of the Assignment
- Conduct Gap analysis and develop Roadmap for IPSAS implementation
- Exercise a detail diagnosis and identify gaps for IPSAS adoption.
- Analyze all relevant aspects – capacity, policies, procedures, regulatory, information system/ software etc. including review of existing chart of accounts and alignment with IPSAS adoption.
- Develop comprehensive roadmap with specific actions, timeline incorporating all relevant aspects as above.
- Further support EHRCo in consultation external auditors and get unqualified audit opinion concerning IPSAS conversion including standards that are not effective yet and can allow early adoption and thereafter incorporate the comments given and finalize the financial statements.
- Develop manuals/ guidelines/ templates/ checklists as required to guide IPSAS implementation.
- Assist EHRCo in preparing IPSAS based annual financial statements for FY 2019 with required opening balances/ conversions.
- Training and workshops
- Develop training materials including training modules.
- Train accountants and other relevant personnel for IPSAS adoption.
- Team Composition & Qualification Requirements for the Key Experts (and any other Requirements)
Consultant's Qualifications and Experience
- Consulting Firm: -The consulting firm should have the following qualifications and experience to carry out the assignment
- Renewed Company/Firm/Business registration certificate
- VAT registration
- Tax clearance certification
- General experience: At least of 2 Years in the field of financial accounting and Auditing in the public/ private sector
- Specific experience: The consultant must have considerable experience in the field of international public/ private sector financial reporting standards (i.e. IPSAS/ IFRS) and at least 1 years of experience (during job or as independent) in the field of development /application of accounting.
- Special Requirement as advantage: Consultant having experience with similar assignments (IPSAS conversion) shall have added advantage.
Qualification of Team members
- Team Leader (One)
- Chartered Accountant, CPA, ACCA or equivalent.
- IPSAS professional must qualification from the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) or similar recognized body wills an added advantage.
- Experience: At least of 10 years’ experience in the field of financial accounting and auditing of which at least 5 years in the public/private sector. Should have experience of at least one assignment as team leader/project manager in the last three years.
- Chartered Accountant, CPA, ACCA or equivalent.
- IPSAS professional qualification from the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) or similar recognized body will be an added advantage.
- Experience: At least of 5 years’ experience in the field of financial accounting and auditing of which at least 2 years in the public sector. Should have experience of at least one similar assignment in a key position.
The consulting firm may engage additional support staff in proportion to the work as assessed by them.
If you would like to apply, please send your bid document through firstname.lastname@example.org and po-box 2432 within 10 working days from the date of this announcement. For detailed information, please use EHRCo Finance and Administration unit through Tell no.+25118685705/+251935303991/+251910369497