|Location||Ataye, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Contract |
About Swiss Church Aid/HEKS-EPER
Swiss Church Aid/HEKS is the aid organization of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS works towards a more humane and more equitable world, assisting people and communities to overcome economic, social or humanitarian disparities in order to gain autonomy and to live with dignity both in Switzerland and abroad. Therefore, Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS engage in development cooperation, humanitarian aid and church cooperation and works in more than 30 countries and runs around 200 projects world-wide. Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS is a member of the ACT Alliance.
In Ethiopia, Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS has country programmes with focus on Natural Resource Management, WASH, Inclusive Markets for Smallholder Pastoralists & Farmers and Humanitarian Assistance for drought and conflict affected communities. The Ethiopia Country Office is recruiting an Office Assistant for its Office in Ataye.
Key areas of responsibilities are:
- Maintain soft copy of up-to-date employee records and files
- Assist staff members by copying and scanning documents
- Ensuring that up-to-date information of each employees personnel files are kept and documented appropriately at field office level.
- Process employee enquiries and provide relevant information
- Follow field office’s staff all types of leaves, time sheets, prepares annual leave balance report on time, etc.
- Post job announcements on local notice boards and process incoming resumes as required
- Manage the field office’s telephone calls and address queries accordingly
- Manage the field office’s correspondences (both internal& external)
- Responsible for sending employees personal file/document to country office as required
- Assist with day to day project and operations files, documentations, secretarial services to the field office
- Checks to ensure field office properties are maintained properly
- Ensure that field offices monthly supplies are procured timely, stored and utilized effectively and efficiently
- Perform other duties as may be required
Required No: 1
Duration: Six (6) month fixed term contract
Education, Qualifications & other knowledge
- Completion of 12th or 10th grade.
- 2 years of related work experiences is highly desired
- Good English and Amharic language skills (written and spoken)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy and experience with MS Office applications
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially
- Teamwork skills
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals and values of Swiss Church Aid/HEKS
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending letter of application and updated CV through Sosina.Seyoum@heks-eper.org
Mention the location and position you are applying for on the subject of your email and your application letter. Your application will not be reviewed if you fail to do so.
Only short-listed applications will be contacted. No phone calls are allowed!
Qualified Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Note: Use " Office Assistant " as the subject line of your email !