|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
BRUH ENTERTAINMENT is looking for dynamic professionals who are highly motivated to be involved in an ambitious and innovative project in Ethiopia. Bruh Entertainment PLC is the distributor of CANAL+ products in Ethiopia and will play a critical role in executing the CANAL+ project to bring a new pay-tv product of 80+ television channels to Ethiopian consumers.
The CANAL+ Group is a pay-tv broadcaster based in France with almost 20 million subscribers in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. CANAL+ is operating in more than 25 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and has announced its entry into Ethiopia a top strategic priority.
The CANAL+ offering will include a vast library of international and Amharic content developed by and for Ethiopians. With your help, Bruh Entertainment will bring this new product to Ethiopian households by building a sales network throughout the country.
Under the responsibility of the Sales project Manager/ Sales Director, the Area Sales Manager oversees the turnover development of his allocated area.
Position environment: Reporting to the General ManagementMain responsibilities:
- Under the direct responsibility of the general management, the Office Manager, both a real support for management and a key link within the organization.
- This function is intended to relieve line managers of several support functions and responsibilities such as administrative personnel management, general service management, budget monitoring, information flow management but not limited to and to contribute to the smooth opening of Bruh Entertainment in Ethiopia.
- He/she will be the interface between the company and its outside interlocutors (bank and administration, suppliers, accounting and legal firms, etc.) as well between the senior management and the staff within the country.
- He/she will take an active role to the realization of missions with strong potentials such as organization of international conference and visits of CANAL + Corporate management.
Her/his missions are:
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands;
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored;
- Organize office operations and procedures;
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment;
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time;
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease;
- Manage executives' schedules, calendars and appointments
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments;
- Provide general support to visitors;
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office;
- Assign and monitor clerical, administrative and secretarial responsibilities and tasks among office staff;
- Evaluate, recruit and manage office staff performance;
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members;
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary;
- Responsible for recruiting staff for the office and providing orientation and training to new employees;
- Ensure top performance of office staff by providing them adequate coaching and guidance;
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing annual budget for the office, planning the expenditures, analyzing variances and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise;
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed;
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events;
- Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures;
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Design and implement office policies and procedures;
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory;
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions;
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints;
- Manage internal staff relations ;
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
Requirements and skills requested:
- Minimum diploma of Bac+2 or higher education level including master, in management and/or administration;
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience;
- Proficiency in office automation tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Fluency in English and Amharic, French will be a plus
- Working experience in an international company within a matrix organization/structure.
- (a French one would be a plus);
- Ability to work in project mode with a mixed team under pressure focusing on deliveries and results.
- Good presentation;
- Good command of oral and written expression;
- Availability, autonomy and strong adaptability: he/she most often adapts his/her time and work schedules to the needs of the company or his/her boss;
- Organizational skills, method, rigor, sense of responsibility, respect for procedures;
- Initiative, anticipation, respect for deadlines and priorities;
- Relational qualities: listening skills, diplomacy, patience;
- Confidentiality, discretion.