|Date Posted||June 19, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CLM – Climate Sensitive Innovations for Land Management
Since 2008, the Ethiopian government, namely the Ministry of Agriculture, operates the Sustainable Land Management (SLM) program to reverse land degradation and increase agricultural productivity in the highlands. The SLM initiative aims at reaching two million households in more than 7,000 micro-watersheds in Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, SNNP and Tigray.
GIZ provides technical assistance to this national flagship program since its inception, at national, regional and local levels. The new program module “Climate-Sensitive Innovations in Land Management” (CLM) will run from July 2021 to June 2024). It focuses on capacity development of SLM actors through policy and institutional advisory, field-level coaching and advisory services, training, networking, piloting field activities as well as research and communications.
Duration of contract: June 30, 2024
Application deadline: June 20,2021
Required Candidates: One
Place of Work: Mekelle
Ensures a well-organized office secretariat and timely and smoothly performing related administrative tasks
Ensures cash accounting transactions are carried out timely and in accordance with GIZ’s accounting rules and regulations in order to meet reporting dates.
- Provides logistics support for organizing meetings, workshops, trainings, field missions: hotel or conference room bookings, supply of materials etc.
- Coordinates meeting schedules and event planning
- Creates and maintains a document filing system according to GIZ rules
- Performs oral or written translations when required
- Prepares and processes all cash and cheque payments
- Records financial transactions on a daily basis: payments, advances, reimbursements
- Arranges and processes payments for workshops in the field
- Ensures timely cash replenishment, maintains emergency cash at required level
- Processes and issues cash receipts for all incoming cash and Withholding tax receipt to suppliers
- Maintains record of advances not yet booked in WINPACCS and follow-up on settlement
- Effects monthly reconciliation between WINPACCS booking values and physical cash / bank statement
- Processes timely monthly closing of cash and bank accounts for transfer to GIZ Federal Office
- Keeps financial records according to GIZ standards, ensures proper filing of financial documents
- Prepares payment and internal transaction vouchers
- Supports financial audits
- Deputizes Administration & Finance Officer when on leave
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- University degree (BA) in accounting, office management / administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in relevant position
- GIZ work experience (knowledge of rules & regulations, if applicable to position) is advantageous
- English and Amharic (or other languages) fluency, written and spoken
- Good working knowledge of standard computer applications such as MS Office: outlook, word, excels, PowerPoint
- Solid experience in accounting and financial administration
- Capability of concise and coherent reporting along standard formats
- Ability to communicate adequately to different target groups
- Cooperation skills
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Result-driven and resource-oriented way of working
- Ability to adapt quickly and proactively to changing conditions
- Willingness to learn independently and proactively
- Ability to work under time pressure and being able to multitask
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number “Office Manager/Cashier #088/2021” in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”