|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented Office Manager to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. The Office Manager will oversee all office administration and office operations, including recruiting, hiring, and onboarding. The Office Manager will serve as the Human Resources representative for local staff and will manage all administrative staff. This position reports to the Operations Manager. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Manage program office operations, including team travel.
- Supervise general office administration, human resource management, and the daily needs of office operations, including preparing personnel documents, lease agreements, service agreements, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Act as the Human Resources (HR) Lead for Ethiopian staff.
- Lead all recruitment efforts for Ethiopian staff and maintains recruiting database.
- Assure HR policies and guidelines are being adhered to, local labor laws are being followed, and appropriate measures, policies, and procedures are in place.
- Assist in recruiting short and long-term support staff and oversee travel arrangements, clearances, and hotel reservations for all short-term consultants traveling to the field.
- Assist in coordinating events or conferences that are to be organized by the project.
- Ensure that vendors honor maintenance contract terms for project office equipment and monitors fuel consumption through vehicle logs and fuel purchases.
- Supervise the administrative assistants and drivers to effectively accomplish and manage the administrative workload to maintain smooth operational functionality of the office.
- Communicate with and support the Office Manager in the Field Offices.
- Initiate and coordinate any necessary administrative cooperation between the Addis Ababa office, the field offices, and/or the home office.
- Monitor administrative activities and ensure that project practices are in line with the policy and procedures manual.
- Make recommendations for improvements to project operations and update the policy manual, communicating these changes to all staff as needed.
- Assist as directed in the provision of rapid, efficient, and effective coordination on any emergency employee situation that may arise.
- Ensure the security, safekeeping, and maintenance of all program property located on any of the office premises of the project and maintains systems of tracking and disbursement of office supplies to ensure availability and accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible and relevant administrative and management work experience.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with a USAID or other donor-funded program.
- Demonstrated understanding human resource management procedures and local labor laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of office management.
- Ability to ensure compliance with USAID and Dexis policies, procedures, and regulations regarding travel, program operations, recruitment, and HR functions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other basic computer applications.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Advanced degree preferred.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces