|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2021|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #099/2021
CLM – Climate Sensitive Innovations for Land Management
Since 2008, the Ethiopian government, namely the Ministry of Agriculture, operates the Sustainable Land Management (SLM) program to reverse land degradation and increase agricultural productivity in the highlands. The SLMP aims at reaching two million households in more than 7,000 micro-watersheds in Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, SNNP and Tigray.
GIZ provides technical assistance to this national flagship program since its inception, at national, regional and local levels. The new program module “Climate-Sensitive Innovations in Land Management” (CLM) will run from July 2021 to June 2024. It focuses on capacity development of SLM actors through policy and institutional advisory, field-level coaching and advisory services, training, networking, piloting field activities as well as research and communications.
Contract duration: Until June 30, 2024
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support the program’s objectives by developing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring internal and external communication measures in close cooperation with program management and partners
- Define target groups, develop key messages, manage communications channels
- Develop communications products (print, online, social media, other) in line with GIZ standards
- Preparing content for all channels and products
- Plan out, budget, lead and control key communications activities
- Participate in and contribute to the GIZ-internal Communications Network
- Liaise and coordinate with communication-related service providers, including providing technical inputs, dealing with administrative procedures (e.g. consultants, agencies, photographers, trainers, writers) and undertaking quality assurance of their services
- Seek guidance of and actively work with the country Communications Unit of GIZ
- Monitor press and media coverage of the program and sector
- Maintain and further develop the program’s photo / media archive
- Develop and maintain standard products and templates comprising corporate design and corporate wording standards
- Contribute to GIZ Ethiopia / Djibouti’s core communication products (e.g. factsheets, website, project location map, stories, etc)
- Provide support to the partner-owned program’s website
- Manage promotional items
- Plan, organize, manage program events
- Provide support to delegations and visitors
- Establish appropriate instruments to facilitate dialogue between different program stakeholder groups and implementing regular information exchange.
- Distribute and disseminate key information and materials
- Perform any other task given by the Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, public relations, journalism or any other related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, especially regarding the development of diverse communications products, as well as strategic communication planning, implementation, budgeting and monitoring
- Proven experience in content development, writing and/or editorial work
- Experience working in an international & intercultural context/organization
- Experience supervising production and quality of communication products and tools with external providers
- Experience in press management and monitoring
- Knowledge of event management
- Basic knowledge of design and video editing
- Experience in working for GIZ projects and familiarity for GIZ’s rules and regulations
- Basic knowledge of development policy issues
- Willingness to learn independently and proactively
- Ability to efficiently use standard IT applications (i.e. MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), communications-related applications (photoshop, communications product design, etc.) and digital media, including modern video conferencing tools
- Proven ability to write error-free communications materials
- Excellent knowledge of English and Amharic, written and spoken.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Officer, Communications #099/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”