WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Coordinate office activities and perform secretarial assignments for professional or management staff in support of the on-going operations of the office. Secretarial assignments include such duties as office coordination, scheduling meetings, preparing and maintaining office records, reports, and correspondence pertaining to the professional(s)'s and/or management staff's area of responsibility
Duties and Responsibilities
- Composes and write routine letters, memoranda, reports, and minutes of meetings, scientific or technical material, numerical data, charts and forms.
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments for professional(s) and/or management staff and
- Provides information to callers for requiring knowledge of company’s operations, supervisor's point of view, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
- Schedules and arranges meetings and conferences for professional(s) and/or management staff and notifies interested parties; makes travel reservations as needed.
- Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for correct grammar, format, completeness, and content.
- Establishes and maintains office files, logs, indexes, control records, or other information concerning the work under the supervisor's control.
- Enters, retrieves, updates, verifies, and deletes information from electronic files.
- Takes minutes or recordings of meetings. Sorts, opens, and distributes incoming mail to staff; associates incoming correspondence with files or related materials needed for meetings, correspondence, and reports.
- Maintains confidentiality of documents and information received. Keeps informed of office details and advises management of problems.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets repots and financial reports;
- Prepares and monitors timekeeping and other personnel records.
- Determines needs and orders office supplies, equipment, repair and maintenance services through agency channels.
- Diploma in Secretarial Science or Level-4 in Office Secretary with minimum of 2 years direct experiences
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and computer software programs.
- Knowledge of correct English usage and grammar.
- Knowledge of the organization and composition of letters, minutes, reports, charts, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of scheduling and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Skill in typing from clear copy at a rate of 40 net words per minute.
- Ability to follow, applies, interpret, and explain instructions and/or guidelines.
- Ability to determine work priorities. Ability to make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
- Ability to type and to operate standard office equipment.
Qualified candidates should submit the application letter and CV which is not more than 5 pages through: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for the application is OCT 15 2021.
“Application for Officer Secretary” in the subject line
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.