|Location||Itang, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Itang Town Water Utility is operating and maintaining a water supply system for providing potable water to serve both the host community of Itang, Thurpham and 3 refugee camps.
Scope of work
The total beneficiaries of the water supply system will be approximately 30,000 people in Itang Town and Thurpham Junction, and over 190,000 people in Tierkidi, Nguenyyiel, and Kule Camps. The water supply scheme targets 100% access to water supply for all 220,000 people in the host communities and the refugee camps plus the annual population increase. The water supply scheme must be efficiently and effectively operated and maintained to supply water at affordable price and acceptable quality.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the overall operation and maintenance of the water supply system
- Supervises and implements scheduled planned preventative maintenance
- Supervises an efficient maintenance operation, which can keep the system in working order
- Records and documents all work carried out on both paper and electronic systems as required.
- Understands and works in accordance with mandatory health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Develops innovative solutions to problems.
- Ensures key performance Indicators (KPIs) are met by careful planning and programming of tasks.
- Leads the team and other department members to keep to effective maintenance strategies, procedures, and methods
- Effectively leads the department to ensure smooth workflow with maximum output
- Prepares the annual budget, manages, and controls expenses on the approved budget.
- Provides management reports on equipment performance on a regular basis and share ideas to improve operation, recommending, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement
Employment Type: Permanent after probation period.
Qualification and experience requirement
- BSc Degree in Engineering (Water Supply & Sanitation/Hydraulic/Civil/Sanitary/Mechanical) Engineering
- 8- 10 years of post-graduation and on the job experience in an operations functional role involving exposure to water supply systems and its control and maintenance.
- Work experience on water supply pumps, generators, and motor control centers is advantageous
- Good Supervisory/managerial skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Technical and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letters, along with their CV and copies of credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Submit non-returnable hard copies of their application letter, CV and credentials to Gambella Regional Water Bureau and/or Itang Town Water Utility HR office for the coming 10 days.
Your application letter should include the date of application, name of the position that you are applying for, summary of qualifications and experience and permanent address.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted.