|Location||Ghimbi, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 20, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 56 – 2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic African Exchange of choice. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform and warehousing service through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. The ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, the Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to promote motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Job Purpose:- The purpose of this job is to ensure the efficiency, effectiveness and economical process of the whole operation of the branch and evaluate whether the branch activities are incompliance with the acceptable standards, procedures, rules and regulations; identify and conduct the required investigation on areas of control weaknesses, frauds, misappropriation etc…; oversee and report surveillance issues that adversely affect the warehouse and market integrity at branch office and produce various reports periodically and up-on demand.
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Actively participate in the development of the OCs annual work plan
· Conduct overall assessment of the branch and report the results to the assigned Internal Audit staff on a monthly basis using the standard reporting format
· Ensure that the commodity incoming and delivery process is as per the WHO manual and the quality process is as per the Quality Operations manual.
· Ensure that all copies of GIN are received from the LIC/IC at the end of each week
· Files GRN and GIN separately by the name of each LIC/IC, commodity grade and GRN numerical sequence;
· Make continuous check and monitoring of stack balances, end of stack and end of grade reports and maintain inventory stock register, follow and monitor the balances in each shed;
· Conduct a monthly physical count in terms of bags and estimated weight; document and report the regular physical count to the head of branch, Manager WH operations and Internal Audit
· Visually inspect the warehouse at the beginning of every two weeks and fill the Visual Inspection Form as per Annex 7.5.9 of the WH Ops manual.
· Make an up to date inventory reconciliation by each LIC, Grade and Production Year and maintain the daily inventory balance;
· Make random checks on trucks loaded and ready for dispatch
· Undertake assessments on incidents that may damage, disrupt or impact company assets, operations, workplaces and staffs and submit reports.
· Strictly follow and proactively recommend on any potential threat on the integrity of the operation and send the suspicious act with corresponding recommendation to Internal Audit and Surveillance division
· Conduct investigation when delegated by the IAD in collaboration with the WHO team.
· Monitor the sampling activity, order re-sampling on sampled consignment and ensure that any variations in pre and post sampling are handled by a team composed as stipulated in the Quality Operations Manual.
· Ensure that recommendations of the team are forwarded to the Quality Operations Manager for final approval
· Follow up daily branch operation and report suspicious activities that compromise the integrity of WH and Q Ops and report it to Internal Audit and Surveillance Division including manipulative intent and potential threats
· Administers CCTV cameras installed at branches both in warehouse and quality operations areas and conducts periodic record reviews as appropriate and report the findings, if any
· Upon demand of immediate physical communication, manage informants of surveillance division on predefined communication modality.
· Manage CCTV cameras installed at branches both in WH and Q. Ops areas.
· Execute duties related with using access, data storage and transferring recordings of CCTV cameras as per the CCTV Camera utilization guideline and confidentially reports suspicious acts observed and/or received from informants to the Surveillance Division for further investigation or actions using a predefined communication modality.
· Support/Assist both internal and external auditors and regulatory organs with their examinations of the branch’s activities.
· Ensure continuous checking and monitoring of stack balances, end of stack and end of grade reports;
· Verify and report any discrepancies between physical existence of commodities and reports received from LICs/ICs to the Branch manager Operations ,to the internal audit and WH operation at HO
· Inspect on the correctness and completeness of GRN &GIN documents and report any discrepancies to branch manager and to the Internal Audit and WH operation at HO
· Participates as a non-voting member in the branch’s management meetings
· Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MA/BA in the fields of Economics/Finance/Management or other relevant education
- 2/4 years of experience in auditing/controlling, inventory control, and warehouse management is highly desirable
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: firstname.lastname@example.org or on www.ethiojobs.com, or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or at Respective ECX branch Offices on or before August 24, 2020.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.