WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Society of Human Resource Management in Ethiopia (SHRME) is a professional human resources association established in 2008 by human resource management professionals to promote the role of human resources as a profession and to build the capacity of human resource professionals by providing training, experiences sharing forum and networking while promoting best HR practices and working closely with government and other relevant key stakeholders in labour management and human capital related issues in country.
Position: Operation Coordinator
Reports to: SHRME Board
Type of Contract: Regular
The position holder serves as lead operations coordinator, initiates and recommends formulation and review of policies and makes decisions within existing policies as approved by the society’s Board. Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the staff, projects, programs and activities of the Society to assure that objectives are attained, plans fulfilled, and member needs met. Maintains effective internal and external relationships. Achieves economical, productive performance, forward-looking programming and constructive growth of the Society.
Duties, Responsibilities and Authority
- Within the limits of the bylaws and policies, the Operation Coordinator is responsible for and has the duties set below:
- Sees that the Board members are kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the Society, and on all important factors influencing them. Attends all meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Plans, formulates and recommends for the approval of the Board actions, partnerships, policies and programs that will further the objectives of the Society.
- Executes all decisions of the Board except when other assignments are specifically made by the Board.
- Establishes a sound and logical organization structure for the society as approved by the Board.
- Directs and coordinates all approved activities, programs, projects and events.
- Recruits, hires, trains and motivates staff and volunteers. Responsible for all promotions and terminations in consultation with the Board.
- Obtains maximum utilization of staff by clearly defining their duties, establishing performance standards, conducting performance reviews and maintaining a competitive salary structure.
- Create good relationship with the society individual and organizational members and provides the necessary support as needed .
- Executes contracts and commitments as necessary after once it is authorized by the Board.
- Promotes interest and active participation in the Society’s activities through the various communications media of the society.
- Establishes and Maintains effective relationships with other organizations, both public and private, and sees that the position of the Society and its members is enhanced in accordance with the goals and objectives of the society.
- In cooperation with the Treasurer, develops, recommends and upon approval operates within an annual budget.
- Ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the society are appropriately administered and safeguarded.
- Plans, organizes and directs membership promotion and retention programs, evaluates results and recommends policies, procedures and action to achieve membership goals. Collects dues and terminates delinquent members.
- Plans and conducts, monthly networking events, annual membership meeting, job fairs, trainings, and conference by establishing and utilizing a volunteer advisory committee. Exercises control of event budget and all arrangements in an effort to meet financial objectives.
- Maintains official minutes of Board and other official meetings of the society, provides security for all files, legal and historic documents, membership and mailing lists.
- Responsible for the planning, promotion, documentation and administration of all official meetings of the organization.
- Plans and executes all communications to the general membership which include invitations, newsletters, general mailings, news releases, research reports, publications, periodic reports, etc.
- Represents the society as delegated by the board.
- Carries out such other general responsibilities as may be delegated by the Board.
- BA Degree in Management or other similar discipline
- Specialization in Human Resource Management or Project Management is desired
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar position
- Prior experience working with similar local associations will be an asset.
- Very good communications and English speaking skills
- Must have a winning attitude and be accountable