|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Light for the World International strives for a world in which persons with disabilities in developing countries have a decent life, equally participate in society and have access to their rights. We focus on persons with disabilities living in poverty, who are amongst the most excluded and underprivileged groups in society. Putting them at the center of our development efforts will advance the removal of barriers for other excluded groups as well and bring about change towards an inclusive society.
To strengthen our highly committed and passionate team in Ethiopia we are looking for an Operations Manager based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with some travel to partner organizations. The position reports to the Country Director.
Overall Job Profile
- HR Management System: Develop a strong HR system in the country office in accordance with existing organizational policies and procedures, including development of comprehensive HR database to the country office;
- Recruitment: Advertise job postings and coordinate hiring efforts and involve in pre-selection with managers responsible for making the final selection of candidates;
- Induction and onboarding: Coordinate, develop and organize comprehensive induction of new employees and prepare them for integration with the organization and their responsibilities
- Staff development: Coordinate staff capacity building and identify, together with respective managers and thematic specialist, training opportunities (internal training, educational programs, conferences, etc.) to keep employees up to date in their respective fields and in accordance with Light for the World policy;
- Compensation policy: In line with the organization’s policies and procedures, responsible for terms and conditions and sparring partner to management – in line with overall organisations approach;
- Procurement Planning: Develop a comprehensive procurement plan for the organization at the beginning of the fiscal year as well as project start period and update the plan on a regular basis to incorporate interim developments within the organization;
- Procurement System: Review and further develop the existing procurement system in the organization and set up holistic, transparent and viable system that serves the interest of the organization and hence to our beneficiaries, and in line with Light for the World ’s policies, rules and regulations; and regularly flag changes within the operating environment ;
- Responsible for the handling of all procurement functions in the organization, in close cooperation with the respective colleagues from the CO and the Country Director, the central procurement team in Vienna, as well as externally with suppliers and authorities. Important criteria such as cost-efficiency as well as Light for the World and donor compliance are taken into account;
- The incumbent is also responsible to take care of the implementation of policies (safeguarding, anti-corruption, safety and security, etc) and monitor their compliance; both at Light for the World staff and partner level;
- Responsible for overall compliance functions within the organization by working very closely with Light for the World country director and the Vienna office compliance officer/department;
- This role will be part of the organizations management team and will have both managerial as well as operational roles;
Please note that this role profile will be further enriched in the due course of Light for the World ’s organizational development process which may encompasses other responsibilities as it deemed necessary.
What we can offer as an employer:
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through a young and dynamic organisation with a strong profile, track record and space for exploring new directions, testing new ideas and allowing you to excel as an individual and with your team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. All employees carry responsibility for their fields of action and for reaching the defined targets. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas also outside of your focus areas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing.
Required qualification, professional experiences and person’s specifications
- BA degree in business administration, management or relevant disciplines; applicants with MBA in related discipline is preferred;
- Relevant work experience on jobs listed above in an international organization setup is mandatory. Having a human resource management experience is required. A candidate having a combination of both human resource and procurement management experience is highly preferred; at least 8 years of relevant work experience with proven track record is required.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the relevant policies and legal framework about human resource and procurement is mandatory;
High level of professional integrity and commitment to Light for the World ’s mission and vision is required. You must have a good social attitude and ability to operate in a multifaceted cultural setting. Your interest in development cooperation, on the inclusion of persons with disabilities is vital. Fluency in English writing and speaking is mandatory to undertake this role and candidates should possess an excellent speaking and writing English skill.
This application is exclusively open for qualified people with disabilities. People with disabilities who fulfil the requirement should send only non-returnable CV and motivation letter until 15th of August 2020. Please mention your expected salary in your application letter and include 3 professional references into your CV. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified women applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please Note that this vacancy was announced in February 2020 and recruitment was on hold due to COVID. Now it is open exclusively for people with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who already made application in the previous announcement can still apply now as far as you fulfil the requirement in this version.