|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Chemonics International seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
The Operations Manager provides senior level support to the Finance and Operations Director and day-to-day management and oversight of the GHSC-PSM project in Ethiopia to ensure smooth field office operations that are compliant with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies and procedures. Please see the criteria below for details.
- University Degree in Management, Procurement and Supply Management, Accounting, or related field from recognized educational institutions. Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years work experience depending on academic background
- Experience in a USAID, donor funded project or International NGOs preferred
- Proven managerial and supervisory experience or equivalent leadership/management experience
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality and monitor daily operational activities
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Demonstrated management experience with large teams
- Willingness to travel throughout the regions of Ethiopia
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, training experience, ability to identify and resolve operational constraints.
- Self-motivated, interest and experience in managing and supervising technical staff
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English
- Strong knowledge and understanding of USAID regulations strongly preferred
To apply, please reply to this e-mail PSMEthiopiaRecruit@ghsc-psm.org. Please specify the position title as the subject line in your application and submit no later than August 9, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.