|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2022|
|Category|| Operations |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopia Poverty Reduced Sustainably in an Environment of Resilient and Vibrant Economy (PReSERVE) Event and Workshop Coordinator will support the overall events which includes workshop facilitations, learning events, as well as scheduled trainings and provide backstopping for technical and CLA teams. The position will be based in Bahir Dar with travel to project woredas in the Amhara region and will report to the Finance Manager
- Plan and organize events from concept to finish in accordance with PReSERVE work plan, including any procurements and logistical arrangements.
- Provide technical assistance related to designing and implementing in-person, e-learning, and blended learning sessions, activities, resources, and curricula.
- Support Planning, implementation and follow-up for events including but not limited to trade fair facilitations, workshops, field days, B2B meetings, CLA events, etc. for the implementation of livelihood deepening and CLA activities within a large, complex resilience for food security activity (RFSA) activity.
- Select the most suitable location or venue; book, prepare, and arrange it for events as needed.
- Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and communication materials as per given standards.
- Responsible for planning, development and fulfillment of the events budgets
- Conduct and support post-workshop feedback, evaluation, and reporting
- Develop and maintain close relationships with various constituencies within the community.
- Support RTI staffs, partners and grantees in the implementation of livelihood deepening activities.
- Organizing and attending marketing and CLA activities.
- Contribute to grants management, monitoring and evaluation, learning, work plan development, communications and report writing.
- Support PReSERVE M& E team on timely registration of beneficiaries and activities as per given work plan.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree and 3years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience in event coordination, especially related to agricultural marketing and/or learning.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in development activities in Ethiopia.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement regulations and practices.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated success integrating youth, women and/or other vulnerable groups.
- Experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred, preferably in the project woredas of Amhara.
- Experience with private sector-led agricultural development programs, preferably including experience in thin markets such as Productive Safety Net Program (PSNP) target woredas. Good experience on collaborating with value chain actors and government officials working on value addition is preferred.
- Reputation for professional excellence (as evidenced by references and achievements).
- Strong written communication and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Language Ability: Oral and written fluency in Amharic and English required.