|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 14, 2022|
|Category|| Operations |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The purpose of the role is to support effective programme management of the Civil Society Support Programme (CSSP) Phase 2 in line with client and British Council requirements, and to support CSSP2’s Team Leader and Senior Management Team.
Main Accountabilities But Not Limited To The Following
- Lead on coordination of supporting functions within the parameters of British Council and client requirements within a difficult operational environment.
- Efficient and effective systems and processes coordination to maintain standards in a rapidly changing environment
- Support the Senior Programme Manager to deliver consistent programme management to efficiently and to high compliance standards.
- Support the Senior Programme Manager in the identification and resolution of any risks emerging around the competing demands of compliance frameworks and programme delivery timetable requirements.
- Support to contract preparation and procurement exercises as directed by the Senior Programme Manager to ensure efficient and complaint operations.
- Support the Senior Programme Manager in the day-to-day oversight and management of back-office function managers and administrators
Role Specific Knowledge And Experience
- Seeks out and examines a range of information to identify patterns, trends and options, to solve multifaceted and complex problems.
- Able to use a range of non-standard and creative approaches to inform, and persuade others, extending beyond logical argument to influence decisions and actions in a way which is inclusive and engaging.
- Clear ability to coordinate activities and resources to achieve the stated results on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Clear experience of routinely overcoming problems to achieve job objectives, even under very challenging circumstances.
- A first degree or equivalent professional experience in project management, business administration, finance, or related discipline.
- Recognised Project Management qualification
- Knowledge and or experience of working in the international donor funded project context
- Pay Band – BRC-7-F
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Language requirements: Fluency in English (C1 or IELTS 6.5 or equivalent), Amharic and/or a language spoken and used in one of the regional states of the country.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Role could require some domestic travel
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.