|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Country Office: Ethiopia
Work Base: Addis A baba
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Insurance - (Life, Group Personal Accident and Medical Insurances are covered upon the organization policies).
Seniority Allowance – paid depending up the years of service.
Female Applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
About Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger-USA is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children and we enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 8,000 staff in over 50 countries, our programs reached 17 million people in 2019.
About the Country Program in Ethiopia
Action Against Hunger has been operational in Ethiopia since 1984 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sectoral strategy where nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support activities are integrated to have a meaningful impact on people’s resilience. Action Against Hunger currently operates in 5 different regions (Oromia, Somali, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, and Gambella) with a portfolio of 20m USD/year of emergency, resilience building, research, and innovation programs. We have a country team of around 600 staff in 17 regional and satellite offices. Our main donors in Ethiopia in 2020/2021 are BHA, ECHO, Europaid, UNHCR, UNICEF, GFFO, BPRM, SIDA, EHF, WFP, CIAA, and others.
Summary of position
- The operator is responsible to manage the organization's toll-free system. She/he is responsible to manage incoming calls from the beneficiary, record complaints/feedbacks, forward the issue to the relevant body and track the progress of responses. She/he is liable to maintain the core principles of the organization's accountability commitment including transparency, confidentiality, non-discriminator, and privacy of beneficiary information. Furthermore, she/he is responsible to execute additional assignments given by the MEAL department.
- The toll-free operator role’s purpose, engagement, and delivery are:
Purpose (The substantive focus of the job encompassing scope, depth, and difficulty of work both conceptual and applied)
Objective one. Facilitate effective communication with community members who have any concerns, dissatisfaction, and feedback on Action Against Hunger program and staff
- Recognize the importance of the call for the caller and talk to the caller nonjudgmentally and unbiasedly.
- Understands that some concerns/issues require confidential and sensitive treatment and behaves accordingly.
- Immediately flags to the supervisor (line manager) sensitive complaints or issues involving Code of Conduct violations or requiring the involvement of the Management including PSEA focal person/CD/HR.
- Records the details of each contact with callers and ensures information received from affected people is classified into pre-determined reference categories and entered in the CFRM database.
- Ensures relevant department specialists initiated through the line manager feed all exchanges with the caller (feedback, complaints, questions, and responses) into the system and follow-up.
Objective two: Maintain effective monitoring and tracking mechanism to ensure all received complaints are forwarded to the right person timely and closed as per the agreed closing loop
- Follows up referred complaints and feedback with the supervisor to ensure a timely response to affected people.
- Compiles cleans analyses and disaggregates complaint and feedback data in the system to produce regular complaints and feedback reports.
- May be asked upon request from Action against Hunger sector departments to call pre-defined samples of people for verification or monitoring purposes (e.g. validity of registered telephone numbers, the validity of registered profiles, and confirmation of receipt of relevant assistance.
- May be asked upon from Action against Hunger sector departments to conduct a survey or to call other stakeholders (suppliers, National Society members…), and compile collected data accordingly.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the information. He/she keep confidentially the name of the complainant and the person they complain about and Submit the received message to the MEAL focal person.
- Check and report the functionality of the hotline phone and accessories and follow up the payment to the telecom service
Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports the values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion. Race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Diploma in ICT, data management, business Administration, Social Sciences, Community Development, or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar field of activity with a stressful environment, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Experience in a call center environment, with knowledge of Call Center management and exposure to technologies, is an asset.
- Experience in data management, and practical knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Ability to adapt to technology and IT tools.
- Attention to details and confidential habit of work.
- Clear and Effective Communication, with high quality of empathy, patience, and positive attitude.
- Very good command of English, Amharic, Somali, and Oromiffa languages, with the ability to translate these local languages to English.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, and culturally sensitive
- Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills
- Commitment to ACF mission, values, and policy
If you are interested, please send your application composed of none returnable CV, a Covering Letter with “Operator” written in the subject line, and three references, applicants should only apply to the following address:
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be, communicated on and the selection process includes technical tests and an interview.
All candidates should apply online at HTTPS:// http://www.ethiojobs.net// Action Against Hunger- the USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment