|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
MSI is pursuing a five-year Organizational Development Project with the USAID Mission in Ethiopia for organizational development services, including the design and facilitation of both Mission-wide and team-centric events and activities; data collection and analysis of leadership values, behaviors and goals; and individual, team and executive coaching services. The objective of this activity is to advance USAID/Ethiopia’s continued support of the Mission’s Organizational Objectives, one of which is to create a Mission of Leaders. Under this activity, in addition to organizational development services, other services needed will include: leadership and staff development; change management in multi-cultural and/or international organizations; and strategic use of the Insights Discovery® Model.
**Please note: Ethiopian citizens are encouraged to apply for this position.**
MSI is looking for an Organizational Development Specialist to support USAID/Ethiopia’s organizational development needs.
- Work with the COP and other Contractor team members to design and facilitate a participatory process in which the Mission will develop, manage and monitor a strategic plan for organizational development;
- Develop and execute the delivery of organizational change management support processes relevant to the achievement of the Mission’s strategic plan and implementing the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS);
- Design and deliver, or manage the design and delivery of leadership development training for Mission leadership and staff.
- Coordinate with and, if appropriate, offer facilitated sessions in which the Insights Discovery assessment is offered to Mission leadership and staff.
- Design and facilitate participatory processes in which Mission teams assess, develop and learn about new and improved programmatic and operational approaches and processes;
- Conduct and/or arrange for the data collection and analysis of leadership values, behaviors, and goals to gauge readiness for organizational changes, acceptance of organizational change and gaps in performance;
- Seek and take advantage of opportunities to strengthen Ethiopia and USAID/Ethiopia capacity to undertake organizational development efforts;
- Facilitate the Mission’s knowledge and understanding of cutting-edge organizational development research so that staff are making informed choices in deciding on approaches and strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, organizational Development, Human Resources, change management, consulting and HR functional experience;
- At least five years of experience as a specialist delivering services in organizational development, adult learning or a related field.
- Knowledge of and prior experience working on USAID-funded activities strongly preferred.
- Satisfactory past performance in organizational development, adult education, coaching and/or staff counseling successes.
- Experience working in Ethiopia or the region is desirable.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral, in English required; familiarity with Amharic is preferred.