|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Organizational and Program highlights
Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization (ISHDO) is registered non-governmental organization. ISHDO has been funded by USAID Ethiopia under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) initiative to implement a three years Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program in Oromia Region. The Program will be implemented by ISHIDO in partnership with different local implementing partners. The activity aims to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia through the delivery of high impact Family-focused HIV prevention, care, and Treatment Activity in 41 implementation areas selected from Oromia regional state.
The purpose of this award is to strengthen local HIV epidemic control to achieve 95 percent of individuals living with HIV know their status, 95 percent of persons living with HIV to initiate antiretroviral therapy and 95 percent of antiretroviral therapy clients achieve viral load suppression by 2020. HIV mitigation services for vulnerable children will focus on case discovery and linkage to HIV treatment among undiagnosed children living with HIV, on achieving better health outcomes through HIV viral load suppression and establishing interpersonal, family and community norms to achieve HIV and violence prevention (9 to 14-year-old children).
The OVC Service Director will be responsible for leading the planning, coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating case achievement goals and benchmarks for target OVC and their families. S/he will be responsible for ensuring identification, assessment/reassessment, case plan development and updating, case plan implementation, monitoring and closure that adhere to established quality standards and procedures. S/he will direct the support of OVC and families to achieve health, schooling, stability and safety goals. Education, psychosocial support, child protection, legal support, nutrition, economic security services within the case plan achievement benchmarks.
- Provide technical guidance, and supportive supervision to project staff
- Ensure the coordination of OVC activities with other project activities for synergic impact
- Contribute to budgeting and staffing plans and activities
- Engage in technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities in OVC for staff and implementing partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of partnerships relevant to OVC
- Ensure timely and appropriate project resources utilization
- Prepare and submit regular and timely performance reports to the COP adhering to USAID reporting requirements
Required education and experiences
- A minimum of Masters Degree in public health, Nursing or social sciences or related fields
- 10 years of direct experience in OVC response
- Five years of experience with social development, health child protection, household, social protection, education, health and nutrition and HIV/AIDS care and support.
- Experience in the prevention of HIV/AIDS with a focus on highly vulnerable children
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local government, community and public health facilities, private sector entities, and local community structures.
- Commitment to the wellbeing of children and safeguarding and child protection matters
- Experience engaging with government departments (e.g. Ministry of Health, regional health bureau, local health institutions) and partner organizations.
- Experience with USAID funded PEPFAR OVC and or HIV/AIDS programs in Ethiopia is an added advantage
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments
- Skills in determining priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
- Ability to represent the project in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and application letter through the organizations email address email@example.com within 10 working days from the date of announcement.