|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of activities and prepare weekly movement plan to OTP, TSFP and SC/TFU sites
- Monitor implementation of OTP and SC/TFU and program quality
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products and follow up stock continuously and request supplies earlier.
- Facilitate training, on job training and work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health center and hospital and district level.
· Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of OTP, SC/TFU & TSFP and share with the CMAM officer.
- Ensure children discharged from SC/TFU are transferred to nearby OTP to continue their therapeutic treatment
· Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants in OTP
· Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses on the Management of SAM without medical complications
· Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plumpnut and drug stock control balance form)
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy, and submit to Woreda Project CMAM Officer
- Mentoring and assist HEW/HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital when they become SAM with complications
- Assist HEWs and Health workers in identifying patients who need to be transferred from OTP to SC, patients with failure-to respond to treatment and patients who need to be discharged.
- In charge of OTP quality program implementation and monthly OTP activity should be linkage with OTP discharged
- Responsible for supervising and manage plumy nut for those which SAM cases and ensure availability of required material like MUAC, registration books, Pen, weight scale, thermometer and pumply nut
- Participate in capacity building training like receiving and given on job training during the health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters, cure rate, coverage rate, Death rate and keep current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (in both Health Centers and Health post/HW/HEW).
- Supports the program integration with Woreda Health officer, Hospitals, Health canters and health post through on job trainings and supervisions in timely
- Fixed the multi chart at every Hospital, HC and HP, put every visibility in our operation area who is doing what.
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly report should be printed and keep the record in the health facilities.
- Participate coordination meeting taken place in the health facilities and report the feedback to the office
- Prepare and send weekly and monthly consumption for OTP programme
Qualifications and certifications:
§ Diploma/ Bachelor in Nursing, Nutritionist or Public Health.
· Minimum three years working experience with NGOs out of which two year in OTP/TFU/TSFP settings.
§ Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
§ Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
§ Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
§ Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
§ Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
§ Good command in written and spoken Amharic, English and Local language is essential.
§ Good human relation skills.
§ Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
§ Willingness to work under pressure and extra hour
Knowledge of the area and region where the post is located
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org