|Location||Danan district of Shebelle zone, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Organization For Welfare and Development in Action (OWDA) is an Ethiopian Residents Charity organization registered in FDRE Agency for Civil Society Organizations (ACSO) with Certificate No. 0421 and operating in Somali Region since 1999 GC. OWDA would like to announce the vacancy of the following position. Interested applicants are encouraged to review the specifications and the requirements of the following positions and hence apply for it before the deadline.
Job description: The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation of the OTP and SC sites of Danan district. She/he will mainly be responsible for the Daily/weekly/monthly implementation of the OTP and SC cases management in collaboration with the government health workers working in the OTP and SC sites. She/he will provide on job training for the Health Extension Workers and community volunteers supporting health facility in order to provide a consistent and high quality technical support in relation to establishing and strengthening CMAM.
- Support technically on daily basis for all OTP and SC sites in the woreda
- Plan and implement CMAM activities together with government health workers/health extension workers and Monitor the implementation of OTP and SC sites.
- Facilitate Nutritional Supplies are delivered at each health facility to ensure the availability of supplies when needed.
- Facilitate training and work closely with district Health staffs at Health posts, Health center and district level.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of CMAM Program.
- Ensure children discharged from SC are transferred to accordingly to continue their treatment
- Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants.
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses on the management of CMAM to decrease the morbidity and mortality of children suffering Malnutrition and diseases.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts/HC (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Screening formats and stock balance control
- Report on progress of the project activities on monthly and bi-weekly updates
Reports to : CMAM officer
Number Required : 2
Duration of Contract: six months(6)
|Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge|
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their electronic application letter and CV through email@example.com or hardcopy to OWDA; Jijiga Offices before the above set deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.