|Location||Gondar Town, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN) - Ethiopia is an Local Civil Societuy Organization re-registered with the Federal Agency fo Civil Society Organizations under registration number 0385 and working on Child Protection. ANPPCAN-Ethiopia is going to implement a USAID/PEPFAR funded project called “Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services” and Gondar town, Metema, Dabat and Debark Woredas of Amhara Regional State in Collaboration with Amhara Development Association (ADA). Hence, ANPPCAN- Ethiopia invites competent and interested applicants to applay for the following positions
Terms of Employment: One year Contract with possibility of extension
Roles and Responssibilities:
The OVC Service Specialist role will be to develop, implement and strengthen capacity in an effective OVC strategy for the program to 1) identify OVCs; 2) perform a rapid needs assessment of identified OVCs and 3) provide services to OVC and siblings and caretakers; providing technical assistance and support to case workers, social service workers, stakeholders and partners to implement the above-mentioned strategy, establishing and maintaining effective referral networks; and fostering an environment to provide the OVC minimum package of services within a quality technical program. The role will also have a strong focus on providing a family approach to Care and Support training, mentoring and supervision in providing home-based palliative care for people living with HIV (PLHIV) including nutritional assessments and ART adherence support, referrals to testing, prevention clubs and other services for OVCs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MA/MSC, BA in public health, health officer, Sociology, social work, Psychology, Economics or other related Social Sciences with a minimum of 4/6 years of progressive experience in OVC in similar settings respectively; at least 2 years of experience in PEPFAR/ USAID funded programs for HIV/AIDS, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Experienced in ensuring referral systems are efficient and effective.
- Working with partners to identify OVCs, assess the OVCs identified and provide basic package of services to OVCs, sibling and caretakers.
- Closely following up and supporting OVC clinical cascades
- Monitoring, mentoring and providing supportive supervision to partner organization the services provided to OVC and their caretakers.
- Participating in planning and facilitation of technical workshops and capacity building training in OVC programming, HIV/AIDS, BCC, etc.
- Ensuring provision of high quality home-based palliative care for people living with HIV (PLHIV) using a family approach, targeting both PLHIV and OVCs.
- Ensuring appropriate referrals to care and treatment, Social Centers for prevention and other OVC activities.
- Leading communication campaigns in HIV prevention targeted adolescent youths..
- Drawing and documenting lessons, best practices and writing success stories.
- Provide technical assistance to partner organizations in key areas of OVC programming, HIV/AIDS prevention, family approach to Palliative care and support
- Experience of working with different partners & government systems
Interested and qualified applicants fulfilling requirements for the above mentioned positions should send non-returnable copies of the following documents: CV, copies of Degree and Work experience certificates and related testimonies with 3 references. Applicants have to mention the Positions they would like to apply for clearly in their cover letter. Telephone number of the applicant should be stated on the application. Please send your application to email@example.com or in person to the following address within 7 consecutive days from the date of the announcement.
ANPPCAN-Ethiopia Gondar Project Office, near Walya Capra Hotel
ANPPCAN-Ethiopia, Gondar project Office, P.o.Box 1265, Gondar
For further information, it is possible to call to phone number 0918703397
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply
ANPPCAN-Ethiopia, North Gondar Project Office