|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 1, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Presentation of the Job Creation Commission
The Jobs Creation Commission is a new public and central institution established under the Prime Minister office, with a mandate to govern, monitor and coordinate all government and non-government efforts in creating jobs.
The Job Creation Commission works specifically on:
- Identifying and designing new job creation opportunities;
- Building a coordination-platform for all job creation initiatives in Ethiopia
- Developing and implementing sectorial jobs strategies;
- Formulating and adopting policies that favour job creation, private sector development and the bridging of skill mismatch in the Ethiopian Labour Market.
The role of the Partnership and Investment Directorate (P&I)
The Partnership and Investment Directorate is a highly strategic team within the Job Creation Commission and is responsible for creating organizing and coordinating partnership with donors and private sector through planning, optimizing and mobilising resources for job creation in Ethiopia. It is also responsible for aligning resources and funding with the strategic objective of the national job creation agenda.
The main activities within the team are:
- Identifying future job creation opportunities and investment needs and priorities
- Developing and implementing an engagement strategy for resource mobilization stakeholder’s management
- Mapping and engaging with key public and private sector actors, donors and philanthropies to mobilize resources
- Identifying necessary reforms for maximizing resource mobilization from the private sector
- Designing a sustainable resource mobilization strategy and key initiatives
- Exploring and implementing innovative financing mechanisms that can facilitate job creation in Ethiopia
- Other duties will be given by the partnership and investment director.
About the role
The Commission is looking for an exceptional leader, to serve as a Partnership and Investment Advisor, with a strong ability to build trust/relationships and to operate in a dynamic and challenging environment. The candidate will have a unique opportunity to stimulate donor funding, private sector investment, strategic public budget allocation in Ethiopia, and to actively contribute to the economic development of Ethiopia.
The P&I Advisor will report to the P&I Director and is responsible for
- Proactively soliciting and mobilizing resources from donors, private sector and philanthropies to support job creation
- Lead the overall grants management of the JCC, developing concept notes, proposals and budgets
- Strongly support P&I Manager and P&I Director in managing strategic partnerships with development partners and private sector
- Developing and updating a Labor Market Resource Mapping of donor contribution and private sector in Ethiopia.
- Proposing strategic and high-level policy reforms that aim to maximize private sector investment and resource mobilization
- Coordinating with other public institutions, agencies and state-owned enterprises to guide strategic investment to catalyze job creation
- Identifying, developing and implementing innovative financing mechanisms to encourage investment and job creation
- Advising the Partnership and Investment Director on resource mobilization and optimization opportunities
- Deliver additional tasks as requested by the P&I Director
- Review and upgrade the studies so far by the consultant on donor road map strategy and crowdfunding studies.
What the role offers:
The Partnership and Investment Advisor will join an organization driving fundamental change in Ethiopia. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across the Ethiopian Jobs Creation ecosystem and have a unique chance to shape and empower the Commission. Ultimately the role will be an opportunity to ensure the success of an organization and delivery of a program that is a crucial component in the future of Ethiopia
Required Number: One
Contract period: 4 months with a possibility of extension
Candidates will be outstanding individuals with excellent professional and academic credentials. Of particular interest are candidates with experience and skills including:
- Master’s or above in economics, development economics, international development, public policy, public administration, public financial management, financing or another relevant field of study
- At least six years (for Masters’ Degree) / eight years (for PHD degree) of relevant experience required
- Specific experience within Government, private sector or development institutions directly working on issues relating to investment, resource mobilization, development financing and job creation would be valuable.
- A successful private sector and donor experience would be an asset
- Experience managing high-performing teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; in addition to stakeholder and people management skills
- A creative and entrepreneurial approach to overcoming barriers and the ability to cope in entrepreneurial environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication, in Amharic and English Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, start-up environment
Values we look for:
- Innovation: always curious, creative and courageous
- Excellence: gives his/her best, builds/improves and ruthlessly prioritizes
- Collaboration: team player, careful listener and always speaks up
- Ownership: accountable, has integrity and is decisive