Partnership and Project Development Officer
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 9, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Academy of Sciences is a non-governmental and not-for-profit organization established by an Act of Parliament (Proclamation No. 783/2013) as an independent body. It provides evidence-based advice to policymakers and other stakeholders, conducts consensus studies, promotes excellence in research, offers capacity-building training, organizes public dialogues, disseminates pertinent scientific, cultural, historical, and educational information, and encourages innovations in the sciences and technology.
Identifies potential partners, grant sources, and opportunities; develops fundable project proposals; mobilizes grants and other project resources; manages grants; plans and organizes M&E for projects; fosters collaborations and partnerships; prepares grants and activity reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds a database of grant sources and potential partners;
- Develops concept notes and/or project/program proposals;
- Engages in the mobilization of resources for project/program implementation;
- Forges a strong working relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Manages program/project grants;
- Teams up with other EAS staff to facilitate project/program implementation;
- Plans and participates in project monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Produces activity and grants reports;
- Participates in the development of the strategic and annual plans.
Employment duration : One year, renewable based on performance and the availability of funds.
Salary and benefits: As per the Academy’s salary scale and benefits package.
Qualification and Competencies
- Master’s/PhD degree in the Social or Natural Sciences, Agriculture, Health, Engineering or Technology;
- At least five/three years of experience in project development, resource mobilization, and partnership building;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic/annual plans;
- Experience in preparing reports for partners;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic;
- Practical skills in utilizing spreadsheets, graphics, and related computer programs.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter with their CV; indicating the position applying for on the subject line of the email only.
Send your applications by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver by hand to the Secretariat’s Administration and Finance Office, Gulele Sub-City, Woreda 9, House No. 199, Phone: +251 112 590930 at Blaten Geta Heruy Woldesellassie’s former residence.
Please note that only those candidates meeting the job requirements will be contacted for exam.
Women are especially encouraged to apply.