|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CCECC Mieso-Dewanle Railway Project would like to hire competent Applicant for the following vacant positions:
We are searching for an experienced pavement design engineer to oversee the company's new & ongoing construction projects in their various phases. As the company’s pavement design engineer, you will interpret client briefs, preparing Bid Document, preparing concept design, preliminary design, detail design and BOQ, review drawings.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Interpret client briefs, preparing Bid Document, preparing concept design, preliminary design, detail design and BOQ, review drawings.
- Oversight and management of projects ensuring all work is completed to the required standard, within the agreed timeframes and within approved budget limits;
- Provide technical supervision of field inspection and testing staff at construction sites and in the office;
- Exercise professional and technical judgement in producing project status reports for senior staff
- Ensure all engineering designs are appropriate, specific to location and suitable for purpose
- Perform review of detailed engineering analysis, design and reporting for assigned projects;
- Ensure timely reporting of projects with attention to costs, assigned budgets
- Ensure adequate consultation with affected parties occurs
- Degree in Civil engineering or Geotechnical Engineering
- 5 years of work related experience, including pavement design engineer.
- Extensive knowledge of pavement design, pavement codes, construction methods, materials and specifications;
- Experienced in Materials Characterization, Mix design of Soil Treatments/ Modification, Cement and Bituminous Stabilization, Granular Layers, Asphalt and Concrete works
- Demonstrated competence in structural design of highway, airport and municipal pavement design methods and use of Mechanistic Methods of Design of Pavements
using software “Circly 6.0” and AASHTO wares based on AASHTO guide MEPDG
- Experience in preparing, reviewing/ approving pavement design, due diligence, Life Cycle Cost analysis and pavement management, engineering and condition assessments including analysis of FWD, smoothness and friction data;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders; Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal;
- Having Chinese language will be highly preferred.
Applicants who fulfill the above criteria can deliver the non-returnable Credentials, CV and covering letter with include the job description posted within 5 consecutive working days starting from this announcement day by email: email@example.com
Here CCECC's Standard CV (1).xls is the standard CV form for the applicant, the applicant should fulfill this CV with the file naming rule as follows and submit with the attachment of their certificates in one folder in package version; document not named according to the rules will not be accepted:
Name rule: Post Jobs-Major-Year of Experience-Graduate University-Name