|Location||Gore Metu, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.) is transforming and diversifying from the current consultancy business operations. Taking advantage of the existing ECDSWCo.’s strength and maximizing on the newly emerging external opportunities that are being prevalent with the shifts in Ethiopian Economic Policy – the Corporation is aiming to play a significant role to the success of the Ethiopian Construction Industry -by creating a vibrant business institution that will not only fill the gap that is in the current construction industry, but also replace the need for having international construction companies that are dominating the government mega scale projects.
To this, the Corporation is emerging as an Engineering and Investment Group. The proposed name of the Group is ‘’Ethiopian Engineering and Investment Group (EEIG)’’. The Group will comprise of three main operational business units i.e., Consultancy, Construction and Investment.
EEIG-Construction business unit key activities are high-end complex construction projects, predominately high-rise commercial and residential buildings, real-estate; infrastructure (roads, railways and airports) & water and energy sector construction. EEIG-Construction alone would grow into a conglomerate of several business units including Piling, underground and foundation Works, Fit-Out, Energy (Solar Solutions), Electro- Mechanical Solution, Facility Management, Landscape and Construction Materials Production.
EEIG Construction is launched with the vision of being the best construction company in Ethiopia with a strategy of Timeously executing high-end complex projects, by utilizing proactive management skills as a Design and Build Contractor in order to achieve an optimum return and aspiring to be a competitive and preferred choice that can replace the current dependence on international contractors and deliver excellence. EEIG Construction will uphold Courage, Integrity, Reliability, Value for its People and Innovation as its core values.
EEIG is going to build a 30 Floors High-rise Headquarter Building in the City Centre of Addis Ababa – that will be design and build by its inhouse consultancy and construction business units.
Top Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out soil and material investigation as per the contract and supervising the Contractor’s compliance with material specifications and testing
- Review and Justify the contractor’s investigation result
- Providing input to the design team to source suitable materials
- Assisting engineering design of flexible Asphaltic Concrete (AC) pavements
- Coordinating and supervising the work of field teams in supervising
- Certifying construction in accordance with contract conditions including acceptance standards of materials, approval of source supply
- Establishing QA/QC procedures
- Plan, Organize and Manage the QA QC team for the implementation of project quality management system
- Develop and implement the Project Quality Plan
- Prepare construction Methodology
- Setting up, Organize and Operate Soils and Material laboratory.
- Coordinate with third party laboratories for initial testing activities and material testing. Verify the test reports for the compliance to specification and submit to consultant.
- Develop and establish a comprehensive schedule of all planned material submittals based on the project schedule
- Prepare Mix Design for concrete and Asphalt
Qualifications and Experience Required
Education - B.Sc. Civil Engineering
Total Work Experience – 8 Years
Experience in similar position and Work – 3 Years
Critical criteria/Skill to be successful in this role:
· Willing to relocate
· Willing to work late or on night shifts
· Able to work in a team environment
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Must be reliable
· Basic computer skills
· Clear written communication skills both in English and Amharic
KEY NOTE BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
- Ensure you fulfill the minimum set requirement.
- If you fulfill the above, then you are expected to submit through Ethiojobs, your updated CV.
- All those that do not fulfill the above requirements will be rejected automatically.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.