|Location||Yabello, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations - the bottom billion.
Purpose of the position/Job’s aim
The Assistant Verification Officer (AVO) is part of the verification team consisting of already existing 3 other Verification officers. S/he works in direct collaboration with and under the responsibility of the PBF Programme Coordinator in Yabello, to whom s/he reports directly.
The Assistant Verification Officer (AVO) conducts monthly verifications of the under PBF contracted Borena Zone Health Facilities in order to verify declared monthly HMIS data; as well as gives support to contracted Community Based Organizations (CBO) in conducting quarterly verifications of the Health Facilities registers attendance and client satisfaction surveys (perceived quality of care).
Responsibilities and Accountability
|Business plan & Contracting|
Qualifications and Experience
- Public health background with a degree in Nursing, Midwife, Health Promotion or Public Health and at least 1 year working experience (attachments and internship) in the health sector with exposure to PBF processes.
- 6 months working experience with the Ministry of Health (at district, zonal or regional level) is an advantage.
- Basic exposure and understanding of Performance Based Financing
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of and working experience in the Borena Zone is an advantage.
- Effective internal/external communications – a team player, with the ability to establish a team and to work as a team, adapting to different personalities and situations, maintaining positive working relations.
- Ability to work and succeed under distant supervision and guidance, meeting deadlines.
- Independent, dynamic and capable of organizing his/her work, while having the ability to work accurately.
- Good networking and social skills.
- Good command of the Afan-Oromo and English language.
- Good experience with relevant computer software packages.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyse and present data. Good report writing skills.
- Able to ride and in the possession of an (Ethiopian) motorbike license.
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning & Organization
- Problem solving
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications submitted cannot be returned. An integrity check will be part of the recruitment procedure.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews are done on a rolling basis and the advert can be closed when a matching candidate is identified
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.