|Location||Kombolcha, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Internal/External Job Announcement
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia's most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS' disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS's humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
PDP (Primary Distribution Point) Manager
Indefinite Term contingent upon funding of the JEOP program
June 21, 2020
You will manage all activities related to Primary Distribution point delivery/handling, receipt, stacking, storage, and dispatch of Commodities and goods in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. You will ensure that Commodities donors entrust to the organization are physically safeguarded and remain healthy and intact in the warehouse(s) and are properly accounted for in compliance with CRS and donor regulations and international and local supply chain standards and requirements.
· Manage overall responsible of Primary Distribution point/PDP alike warehousing/storage facilities and all necessary equipment and supplies, ensuring they are secured and maintained in excellent physical condition and quantities consistent with established security, safety, care, and health requirements for storage and safeguarding. Ensure optimal space and resources utilization.
· Works in close collaboration and coordination with the Logistics Manager, Clearing Officer, the Transportation Officer, and service providers to efficiently and effectively plan for and implement Commodities and goods receipt, storage, and dispatch per delivery schedules. Supervise and insight on the outsourced service of security guard and cleaning service
· Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high quality programming.
· Coordinate and supervise inbound and outbound goods and commodities handling, inspect and verify the receipts and dispatches against waybills to accurately account for quantities, shortages, damages, losses, or unfit.
· Implement inventory control systems for proper goods and commodities handling and accounting. Conduct cycle counts for inventory accuracy and perform regular inspections to minimize risk. Support complete physical inventories as needed. Obtain inspection result of spoiled commodities from government offices and comply the required formalities and documentations for the disposal of unfit commodities as per CRS/ET’s and donor’s requirements;
· Approves and authorizes all financial transactions of the PDP in accurate and orderly with the receipts , disbursement of money, recording same with original documents and submit to Logistics for review and record the transactions in Finance system.
· Represents CRS in business matters related in the area operations (Government, INGO, CRS partners and others) and gathering security information, disseminate to all concerned parties
· Ensure the maintenance of up-to-date warehouse records (stock ledger, bin cards, loss status reports, waybills, etc.) and filing systems for monitoring, control and reference. Coordinate and oversee data recording in relevant systems. Prepare accurate and timely reports related to inventory, stock control, and warehouse activities.
· Facilitate CRS program and business unit need to obtain the necessary support during their visit for monitoring and project issues in the region, Manage the Risk and Compliance staff assigned in the PDP to obtain administration services from the PDP.
· Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high quality programming
Scope: (Four direct employees supervised & total 15 PDP staff with approximately commodities amount 40,000Mt value of 43,500,950 USD)
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred. Professional certification in supply chain, accounting or finance preferred.
· Minimum of 4 years work experience in inventory or warehouse management with progressive responsibility and preferably with an international organization.
· Knowledge and understanding of inventory management and control principles.
· Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment, including training experience.
· Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word). Experience with database management systems (e.g. MS Access) is a plus.
· Strong planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Good communication and relationship management skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Supply Chain Manager/ Logistics Manager,
Internal: Logistics Manager, Transport Officer, LMIS, Clearing Officer, COPs, DCOPs, Head of Operation
External: Government offices and CRS partners
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
You should fill the application form through the this link; https://form.jotform.com/201613614259552 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline June 21, 2020.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**