|Location||Abdurafi, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Médecins Sans Frontières MSF-Holland
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
|· Position Title: PHARMACY TECHNICIAN|
· No. of Positions: One
· Place of Work: Abdurafi / Midre Genet Project, Amhara Region
· Reports To (direct and functional supervision): Project Medical Referent
· Terms of Employment: 5 months with possibility of extension
· Remuneration and Benefits:
- Starting Gross Salary: 11,696.00 ETB
- Medical Cover: As per the organisation’s policy
- Hardship Allowance: 2,924.00 ETB
· Vacancy Posted from 06 August 2020 to 17 August 2020
Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organisation that intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF-Holland in Ethiopia currently operates in three projects (Abdurafi / Midre Genet project in Amhara Region, Wardher Project in Somali Region and Kule Project in Gambella region) with a diversified workforce.
|Main Purpose / Job Summary: Supporting the drug supply management in the designated facilities under the supervision of the Mission Pharmacy Manager of the project and according to MSF health policies and protocols, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of drugs and medical devices.|
|General Position Accountabilities:|
· In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assisting in the supervision, management and control of the medical stock in the project in order to avoid ruptures, losses and gross overstock of drugs and other supplies and overseeing and monitoring its storage conditions
· In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assisting on a monthly basis with preparation and approval of order requests, ensuring they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary orders in between. Following up on drug ruptures.
· In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor and other MSF team members, assisting in the supervision, management, follow up and control of medical/supply stock in the MSF office, expat houses, and MSF cars. This includes physical count, ordering and monitoring of expired dates.
· Assisting with the collection of consumption from facilities on at least a monthly basis and collecting data about number of patients. Cooperating with and assisting the Pharmacy Manager in all related monthly reports, and under the Pharmacy Manager’s supervision, communicating and providing medical data to relevant MSF team members
· Improving and following up the monitoring systems in place.
· Supporting the MoH counterparts in their responsibilities regarding monitoring of drug consumption, stock management and preparing/receiving orders.
· Cleaning of biomedical equipment used, following the protocols and alerting supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
· Assisting in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF
Providing programs continuity during supervisor’s absence and handovers; sharing knowledge of program with incoming staff in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
• Flexible to work as drugs dispenser when necessary
• Participating in Medical Supply and Monthly Medical meetings
|Education||Diploma or above in Pharmacist Technician / Pharmaceuticals Management|
With a valid professional practicing license
|Experience||Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.|
Experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems (MoH and private) is an asset
Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
|Knowledge Knowledge||Excellent written and verbal communication skills|
Good computer skills: MS Word and Excel
|Competencies||Results and Quality Orientation|
Teamwork and Cooperation
Commitment to MSF Principles
Instructions for Applicants
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable and up-to-date CV and cover letter including clear photocopies of all supporting documents via any one of the below-mentioned locations.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates with the required experience and qualifications as well as clear and validated documentation will be called upon to attend further assessment.
- Copy of valid professional practicing license
- Copy of diploma or above in Pharmacist Technician / Pharmaceuticals Management
Sincerity of Declarations and Documents Submitted to MSF
Use of false documents to gain employment with MSF will lead to automatic cancellation from the recruitment process and if found after employment will lead to immediate termination.
Locations to Submit Applications through blow link
· Send an email to Abdurafi@oca.msf.org
Our People are key in achieving MSF’s social mission!