|Location||Jigjiga, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/ .
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Base in Jigjiga
The physiotherapist position is meant to fulfil all technical undertakings and requirements at Jigjiga PRC, there may be instances where support to other PRCs is required, as per planning and allocation process undertaken by the PRP team leader. Its purpose is to contribute to the implementation of PRP activities in accordance with settled annual objectives and related strategies, notably in regard to supporting improved service provision capacity at the PRP assisted Physical Rehabilitation Centres (PRC) in Jigjiga.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets and organizes the physiotherapy department at the Jigjiga PRC within the agreed range of objectives defined by the PR team leader.
- Supports the management and monitoring of the physiotherapy department at the Jigjiga PRC in its daily tasks to provide clinical and technical services to persons with disabilities.
- Trains local physiotherapists and enforces ICRC PT standards and multi-disciplinary approach along the service provision chain.
Participates, as full member of the PRP team in the elaboration, implementation and follow up of the ICRC physical rehabilitation project.
- Leads by example to set multi-disciplinary approach and standards supporting the physical rehabilitation activities of the partners.
- Support the development and implementation of national standards in physical rehabilitation and enforce the ICRC physiotherapy standards.
- Ensures that the PRC maintain appropriate patients' records.
- Supervises and guides local physiotherapists in ensuring correct assessment and adequate gait training of the patient.
- Supervises and guides local physiotherapists and physio-assistant staffs in the provision of wheelchair, and other walking aids.
- When required, and in presence of local physiotherapist(s) with the objectives to show appropriate protocol / practices, S/He provides direct physiotherapy treatment to a patient.
- Improves the management of the clinical activities including:
- Actively contribute to the networking in the physical rehabilitation sector including social inclusion actors and components.
- To participate in the BF&TA evaluations and analyse results and prepare some required recommendations.
- Ensures that Jigjiga PRCs planned activities are well communicated with the PRC management and authorities.
- Ensures periodical development reports (every quarter) are submitted to the PR team leader.
- Maintains good relationship between the staff of the PRC management.
- Reports on occurred problems immediately to the ICRC PRP team leader.
Education, experience and competencies required
- BSc in Physiotherapy.
- Preferably, a minimum of 4 years practice in physiotherapy service delivery after graduation
- Strong team spirit.
- Strong communication skills,
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Good spoken and written knowledge of English, Somali and Amharic.
- Rigorous and trustful person.
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs website after uploading/building updated CV in your jobseeker account. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (in front of EIAR, around Megenagna Egzeabher AB Church) OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, and P.O. Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Pease note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No payments are required or accepted for this process and any canvassing will lead to disqualification