Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
|Location||Bahir Dar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #158/2021
Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Project (NSAP)
Brief Description of the project/ unit
The Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Project (NSAP) is part of the Global Programm Food and Nutrition Security, Enhanced Resilience, which is financed within the scope of the BMZ’s One World – No hunger Initiative aiming at the reduction of poverty and hunger worldwide. The aim of the project is to improve the nutrition situation of food insecure people, particularly women of child-bearing age and their infants, in selected districts (Woredas) of Tigray and Amhara Regions in Ethiopia. More specifically, the objectives of the global programm are: (1) To improve food and nutrition security of the most affected population (particularly women of reproductive age and children under 2 years) and (2) To strengthen resilience of vulnerable households.
NSAP is working on these objectives within Ethiopia by aiming (a) at the increased availability of diversified foods for rural households, (b) increased capacities regarding healthy nutrition and nutrition-related hygiene practices, and (c) the strengthening of multi-sectoral coordination bodies on national, regional, district, and community level regarding nutrition-sensitive agriculture.
The implementation of the project is carried out in close collaboration and coordination with the Federal Food and Nutrition Coordination Office at the Ministry of Agriculture.
An integral part of the project management is the results-based monitoring, which supports the component manager in an efficient project-steering and planning of the interventions. The monitoring of the project can be distinguished into activity monitoring, outcome monitoring, and additional qualitative and quantitative methods to measure the process of the project.
Duration of contract: March 31, 2023
Required Candidates: One
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Advisor will be responsible to support the project’s activity monitoring in the region.
- He/She will support consultants & Senior PM&E Advisor during output & follow-up surveys.
- Provide needs-based advice on planning, data collection and reporting for woreda-level partner structure
- Collaborate with NSAP Amhara Team concerning activity monitoring
- Aggregate regional annual activity planning
- Cleanse & update regional aggregated monitoring data for documentation & reporting
- Compile monthly activity progress & reporting on timely basis
- Technically supports Woreda focal persons on activities monitoring
- Conduct field level monitoring supports
- Reports to Senior PM&E Advisor in NSAP Office Addis Ababa
- Digitization of project documents like intermediaries’ list
- Performs activities on demand
- University Degree in Economics, Statistics or related field
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in M&E area (Preferable rural development projects)
- Activities monitoring & interpretation skills
- Solid experience with database management
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must
- Compiling result-based progress reports
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Fully computer literate (MS Office proficiency: Word, Excel, Power point & Outlook)
- Very good written and spoken English
- Good analytic and synthesizing skills
- Adaptability to changing working environments
- Sense for continuous quality improvement
- Dedicated team working, and time management are essential
- Excellent knowledge of local language
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor #158/2021 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”