|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Health, Development and Anti Malaria Association (HDAMA) was established in 1998 to respond to the occurrence and increasing impact of devastating malaria outbreak in Ethiopia. Currently, the organization is registered under the new civil society organizations proclamation No. 1113/2019.
HDAMA envisions a healthy society with sufficient livelihood opportunities and safer environment. The major values and principles that HDAMA, as an organization, is devoted to are Accountability, Integrity, Transparency, Participation & Partnership, Volunteerism, Diversity and Environmental Care. HDAMA always have Gender equality, Safeguarding children, Disability inclusion and Environmental friendliness in mind.
It is committed to work with key stakeholders and the community in identifying needs and providing support and services, focusing on the most vulnerable, to:.
- Prevent the transmission and reduce the impact of malaria disease
- Improve reproductive-health
- Reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS epidemics
- Improve environmental and community health and wellbeing
- Reduce household poverty, vulnerabilities and harms.
Since its establishment, HDAMA has served vulnerable communities through integrating various health and development programs and saving lives, impacting reduction and control of priority disease burden.
HDAMA’s intervention on Malaria has been a pioneer. Its present project in 6 Weredas of Amhara Region on Social Behavioral Change supported by USAID/PMI is aimed at playing vital role towards the realization of malaria elimination strategy goal. Significant results have been observed. HDAMA is working hard to make these Weredas model Weredas in two years’ time for the elimination Strategy.
HDAMA welcomes applications for the position of PMER, as described below.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Executive Director, the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (PMER Co) has the overall responsibility for coordination of all planning, monitoring, knowledge management and evaluation activities in HDAMA. S/He also identifies performance indicators, develops quality assurance strategies, trains program employees, and ensures all program aspects comply with institutional mission, goals and strategies and donor requirements. The PMER Coordinator ensures that there is a reliable and up-to-date database of information of all program work and is responsible for the timely and accurate production of all reports at national level. Moreover, the PMER Coordinator in collaboration with program and other staffs prepares letters of interest, concept notes, and on shelf projects under HDAMA priority areas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Leading (serve as a chair for ) the Associartion program development team/s ie. leads the development of concept notes, project proposals, strategic and annual plans that contributs towards achieving wider organizational vision, mission and goals.
- Ensure that all project M&E plans and log frames align with the organizations overall theory of change, mission, goals and targets.
- Leading/Managing a team of workers in the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting department.
- Establishing Program indicators for all the programs that show specific changes after introduction of certain conditions/interventions.
- With the Project Coordinators, assist project teams to prepare and implement project-specific targets and plans for data collection and monitoring.
- Ensuring compliance i.e. whether a program/project or regular activities adheres to relevant legal regulations, program standards, donor requirements and organizational policies.
- In collaboration with branch offic/es, project units and partners, organize and/or conduct regular monitoring, supportive supervision and internal reviews through preparing and using appropraite checklists based on schedule.
- Analyze data to track project and program progress against agreed targets and log-frames.
- Consolidate monitoring and evaluation findings, compare against the original project plan and suggest way/s of correcting deviations to the Deputy Executive Drector and other concerned staff.
- Developing and ensuring implementation of data collection techniques and tools, including working with external service providers to develop other relevant management information systems.
- Provide technical assistance for Projevt coordinators/officers, project staffs, branch offices on data gathering, documenting and reporting.
- Coordinating and actively take part in the development and implementation of evaluation plans for projects and regular functions.
- Share evaluation results with all relevant HDAMA teams and ensure that lessons from evaluations are incorporated into the development of all new plans/projects.
- Prepare reports for internal and external audiences based on data from other departments, branches, project units and monitoring and evaluation processes using standard templates.
- Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned from program and project activities.
- Together with project coordinators and other staff, conduct research and learning activities at a program level and coordinate expertise around baselines, learning reviews and evaluation related activities.
- Make sure project data is timely entered into data base, properly analyze data and generate analytical summaries to be used for proposal development, reporting, for uploading on the website and other result outlets.
- Ensure the communication of learning within the organisation, with partners and other stakeholders.
- Assist the presentation, delivery and documentation of research findings or key learning pieces to key stakeholders and policy makers.
- Train program teams to use data collection tools and techniques appropriately, including ongoing mentoring and support.
- Assist administration and program teams to create and manage central filing system for all program information
- Carry out other related activities as may be assigned by the Deputy Executive Director
Number of vacant posts: - 1(One)
Reports to: -Deputy Executive Director
- First Degree or Master’s degree in development studies, social sciences, public health, or other related field
- A minimum of 5 or 2 years of experience for First Degree or Master’s degree in that order with demonstrated results conducting research or monitoring and evaluation, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience with coordinating research dissemination, including writing evaluation reports and briefs, organizing dissemination events, and presenting findings
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders
- Punctuality, respect, accountability, collaboration, courage, building partnership, problem solving, managing performance for success, innovation, planning and organizing.
Registration Period:-Seven consecutive days from the date of announcement
Place of Registration: - Head office located in Kirkos Sub City, Woreda 8 Kebele 15 known as Kazanchis very close to Kirkos sub city police station previously known as 6th police station or email address firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact HRMO with the following address :
Phone: 0911900996 or +0937964972