|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Profile of the Well in Action
The Well in Action (TWA) is an Ethiopian Resident Charity Organization. TWA intervention in Ethiopia is to contribute to sustainable improvement of living conditions of the small holder farmers and deprived people. This can be achieved by performing projects which focus on improving agricultural productivity, and stimulating entrepreneurship that are implemented both in rural and urban contexts.
Main purpose of the Position
The PMEL and Programs Quality Assurance Officer will support the Executive Director and Program Manager as well as the Cluster Coordinators in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish both new and established programs and projects, throughout TWA. S/he will provide technical field support to the M&E focal person at each project office. The M&E Officer will work closely with Program teams to assess field conditions, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data under the supervision of the Program Manager. S/he may be assigned to focus on supporting administrative activities within a program as assigned by the Executive Director. S/he will collaborate with the Program Manager in reviewing and preparing monthly, quarterly and final narrative and financial donors’ reports. Additionally, s/he will also work with other members of the team, as need be, on concept note and proposal development.
- Work with the Program Managers/Coordinators and Field Coordinators to monitor and evaluate the progress of projects by visiting sites, interviewing project staff and counterparts, and reviewing project planning documents, monitoring and evaluation systems, budgets and narrative reports;
- Take the lead responsibility for ensuring that the TWA's monitoring and evaluation systems are participatory, effective and responsive to the stakeholders,
- Support all PMEL initiatives of TWA including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of ED/Program Manager (PM) (eg. Project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals)
- Support the PM in reviewing the performance of existing Management Information Systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Identify, strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions along with the Program Manager
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs/projects and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Support the ED to ensure that donor, partner, and Board of Directors report queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations
- Support PM in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time for TWA programs and projects.
- Assist ED and PM in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during drafting of new project proposals for donors as well as throughout project implementation
- Review and analyze monthly work plans and reports with the PM to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Monitor the overall program quality and compliances as per the policy and M&E Manual of TWA and provide timely and useful feedback;
- Master’s degree in development/related field.
- 5-10 years of experience and at least five years’ work experience on PMEL
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and financial reporting requirements;
- Fluency in English;
- Firm belief in teamwork; and transparent
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in a non-governmental organization (preferable)
- Respect, integrity, excellence, building partnership, initiating action, planning and organizing. Demonstrate a confident, enthusiastic, positive and energetic approach, with a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project