|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Embassy of Switzerland in Ethiopia is currently advertising one (1) position of Political Officer to support the Embassy’s Diplomatic team in delivering Embassy priorities on political and economic developments at national, regional and AU level. The modalities of employment and application for the advertised position include the following elements:
Main duties and competences that come along with this position:
- information collection, analysis and networking regarding all fields of policies and developments, including on the AU;
- elaboration of briefing papers and reports, preparing input and support the organisation of Swiss delegations visiting Ethiopia and the AU;
- working to strengthen the link between Swiss international development work and policy dialogues.
- contribution to support Business Promotion activities of the Embassy (Ethiopia and Djibouti);
- contribution to the organization of events, activities and public communication on various topics and engagements of the Embassy.
The position will be based at the Embassy of Switzerland in Old Airport, Addis Ababa.
Direct superior: Deputy Head of Mission
Directly subordinated employee(s): None
Starting on: 01.02.2023 (with probation period of 3 months)
Administrative Unit & Duty Station: Embassy of Switzerland in Ethiopia (Addis Ababa)
Required No_: 1
Requirements for Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor-Degree in political science, social sciences, law, economics, or equivalent.
- 5 years or more of professional experience as a Political Officer or similar positions preferably for an embassy, international organization, think tank or similar;
- Strong analytical and drafting skills, organizational talent, interest for diplomatic work and Swiss foreign policy, excellent networker;
- Excellent English orally and written, Amharic (other local languages are a plus);
- Highest degree of loyalty and reliability;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Demonstrated communication skills;
- High individual autonomy, a high sense of personal responsibility, and willingness to learn and to embrace change.
- Good computer skills including good practical experience with the MS Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer or any other browser commonly used.