|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 2, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Volunteer |
- Coordinate the workplan and outputs of national experts on FGM analysis and research stationed in several countries within the region the FGM data and analysis expert is reponsible for.
- Oversee statistical analysis with complex survey designs as well as descriptive data outputs delivered by national experts, such as visualistions of analytical results, through maps, figures, and charts, and tables supporting annual reports, among others;
- Develop research protocol to collect and analyze qualitative data on female genital mutilation including data from the UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme on FGM;
- Respond to data requests by national and regional entities, the Coordinator and Monitoring and Evaluation Focal Point of the Joint Programme to Eliminate FGM, as well as Headquarters;
- Perform any other related tasks as required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Masters preferred, bachelors (University undergraduate degree or equivalent) accepted in the quantitative and/or qualitative social sciences, such as demography, public health epidemiology, statistics, sociology, economics or related discipline (such as computer science).
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in applied statistics, public health, epidemiology, or demography;
- Working knowledge of relevant statistical packages (particular in R, or related statistical tools/packages such as SAS, Stata or SPSS) and willingness to learn (or existing familiarity with) GitHub or version control systems;
- Knowledge on gender related studies, especially on harmful practice including female genital mutilation is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in the use of GIS software (such as ArcGIS or QGIS) is an asset;
- Familiarity and experience in carrying out descriptive statistical analysis;
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others);
- Team leadership skills desirable;
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Experience in leading team working especially in research and data analysis
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
1. Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
2. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it.
3. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink
4. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
1. Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
2. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 14 August 2020