|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Department of Psychiatry at Addis Ababa University has a new project: ‘SCOPE’ (Studying the Contexts of recent Onset Psychoses in Ethiopia to develop interventions to improve outcomes). In SCOPE we will be carrying out a large epidemiological study of people with recent-onset psychosis in rural, urban and homeless populations. Findings will then feed into participatory development and evaluation of interventions to increase early detection and better outcomes for people with psychosis in Ethiopia. SCOPE will be working in the Gurage Zone, Oromia Region and Addis Ababa. As part of SCOPE, weare offeringone full-time postdoctoral fellowship.
- Active engagement with mentors and supervisors to support skill development in mental health epidemiology and complex intervention development and evaluation.
- Effectively participate in training in transferable skills (e.g. research dissemination, public speaking, leadership, impact, data security).
- Lead on a nested area of research within the larger SCOPE study.
- Contribute to SCOPE research activities, data analysis and write-up of publications.
- Participate actively in SCOPE meetings with overseas collaborators and in-country.
- Contribute to Department of Psychiatry teaching and supervision activities for master’s and PhD level students.
- Publish papers in reputable journals as a first author.
- Develop a research proposal and apply for multiplier grant funding.
- Active contribution to research dissemination and uptake, including preparation of policy briefs.
- Candidates are expected to attract additional funding during the period.
Area of work: Mental health epidemiology and intervention development
Place of work: Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
No. required: One
Terms of employment: Full-time, 4 year post subject to six monthly contract renewal.
Reports to: Principal Investigator, SCOPE project