|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 5, 2019|
|Category|| Advertising |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PR and Communications Advisor
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #189/2019
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian Government and International Donors.
The Agricultural Mechanisation and Technology for Smallholder Productivity (AMTP) project is financed by the German Government and implemented by GIZ. The objective of the project is to improve smallholder farmers’ access to quality mechanisation services. AMTP is working in Oromia (Arsi and Bale zones) as well as Amhara (West Gojam zone).
To achieve its objectives, AMTP is looking for a qualified candidate as per the below details.
Position: PR and Communications Advisor
Application deadline: December 08, 2019
Required Candidates: One
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
- Ensuring the compliance with the required communication standards and guidelines
- Dealing with all questions arising in the area of public relations and communications
- Project communication to different stakeholders
- Managing knowledge by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information
- dentifying the different communication target groups, including internal, public, project partners, and project implementation target groups
- Identifying communication needs of the different target groups
- Designing communication approaches and tools for the different target groups.
- Reviewing and updating the communication strategy
- Reviewing and updating the existing communication tools and materials of the project
- Developing new materials, where needed
- Coordinating with the project graphic designers
- Application of all GIZ corporate design policies and rules
- Where needed, application of partner communication standards
Communication to different target groups
- keeps her/himself up-to-date about the project implementation progress (through M&E advisor and technical experts)
- prepares presentation support materials for meetings and events (for example power point)
- presents and explains the project to different target groups (internal and external), for example during events
- Facilitates the exchange of project experiences within the project and other projects and units of GIZ
- Coordinating media activities in the country
- Preparation of events
- Drafting of press releases
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performing of other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in communication, social science, behavioral change communication, strategic communication, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field or comparable qualification
- Mastering of MS Office programmes
- Very good command of English and Amharic languages, Oromifa is of advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in the field of communication (media and PR work, journalism, internal communication or lobbying or similar)
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Team player
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Experience in event management
- Very good communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to synthesize and translate technically complex information into plain language communication products
- Editorial experience, experience in writing articles or press releases (evidenced e.g. by work samples)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Willingness to travel to project sites and event locations, when required
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘PR and Communications Advisor #189’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.