|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2020|
|Category|| Advertising |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FDRE Land Bank Development Corporation (LBDC) is a newly established self-funded government enterprise tasked with creating a methodical and inclusive national landholding development, management and administration system for maximization of socio-economic gains.
LonAdd Consultancy Plc. is recruiting highly qualified professionals for this position on behalf of FDRE Land Bank Development Corporation (LBDC).
Purpose and reporting of this role
The Press Secretariat reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for managing and overseeing all stakeholder engagement in the public sector to ensure LBDC meets its objectives. The Press Secretary leads and directs development of effective and creative press and designs effective and efficient media strategies.
Objectives of this Role
- Representing the LBDC and developing relationships with members of the media;
- Writing news releases;
- Developing communications strategies;
- Responding to questions from the media and the public;
- Coordinating the distribution of information;
- Developing and maintaining transparency of LBDC to the public and all stakeholders through efficient communication;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement planning as well as routine operations;
- Write press releases, advisories and other relevant materials.
- Perform closely with Chief of Staff and Chief Executive Officer to align press with LBDC’s objectives and goals;
- Incorporate goals, facts, goals and policies in on-target messaging to resonate with particular audiences;
- Execute deep content knowledge as well as relevant expertise to LBDC’s projects and general operations;
- Recommend senior management in particular focus area and help develop competency in others;
- Develop or support in development of strategy along with precise, clear and ambitious measures of performance for individual projects translated in individual performance goals as well as other team members’ deliverables;
- Develop detailed timelines for different initiatives of LBDC;
- Evaluate and track regularly project progress utilizing different computer tools and programs;
- Stimulate project completion holding various accountable for deadlines and responsibilities;
Experience and Educational Qualifications
- Master’s degree or above in law, journalism, public relations, business administration, management, Economics, or any relevant field;
- 8+ years in public relation roles in corporate functions or government sector, 3+ years in management and supervisory role;
Skills and Competencies
- Highly tech savvy with professional computer skills;
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for;
- Experience with CRM software (i.e., Sales force);
- Ability to deliver presentations;
Additional preferred qualifications, skills and personal/professional traits
- Attention to Detail – position requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks;
- Dependability – position requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Persistence – position requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Stress Tolerance – position requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations;
- Initiative – position requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – position requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Leadership – position requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Analytical Thinking – position requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Fluency in English and Amharic are required
- Additional national and international language skill is advantageous
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to LBDCjobs@lonadd.com , by putting the Position Name (Press Secretariat) in the subject box.
For more information on the details of the positions, call 0115 505141 or 0115 588181 or check on our website www.lonadd.com
Application deadline: July 10th, 2020
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.