|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The GBV prevention Officer will lead community mobilization and awareness-raising interventions to prevent incidents of GBV. The GBV prevention Officer will work with GBV response officer and other implementing partners and Government to identify any protection concern(s) for women and girls in targeted woredas through discussions, meetings, outreach campaigns and share with actors for appropriate actions
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work with International Medical Corps GBV response team, community structures and partners to identify causes and contributing factors for violence against women and girls in the targeted woreda.
- Engage community members and structures including Men, boys, women and girls to design participatory strategies and actions to prevent GBV in the community.
- Mobilize and engage community members, structures and partners in prevention and response events in two targeted woreda including discussions, trainings etc;
- Coordinate with partners to integrate GBV prevention activities in their activities.
- Facilitate community events such as 16 Days of Activism to create awareness on the prevention of and response to GBV;
- Responsible for the overall implementation of GBV mitigation and prevention activity and work closely with community representative and other protection actors to aware the community about GBV in the target woredas
- Develop TOR for all prevention training activity
- Provide different training for project staff, other implementing partners, and Government sectors on GBV basic concepts, guiding principles of GBV and referral pathway of GBV
- Organize and facilitates IASC guidelines training for integrating GBV in humanitarian action for service providers
- Provide PSEA training for IMC GBV, and other sectors and implementing partners
- Capacitate project community mobilizers through on job training, coaching and mentoring sessions
- Involve on hiring of community mobilizers with IMC HR team
- Organize and conduct awareness sessions
- Involve in production IEC/BCC material
- Deliver and submit regular project report and weekly update
- Attend GBV meeting at woreda level and represent IMC
Individual Guiding Principles
Ensure vulnerable women including survivors of GBV are safe at all times; Respect their wishes, rights and dignity; Keep their experiences confidential and do not discriminate them.
- BSc degree in Social Work, Public health, Nursing, gender, preferred MS
- A trained community mobilizer in a reputable organization
- Background in GBV, Human Rights and/or Protection.
- Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization
- Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise, facilitate and motivate other GBV field workers in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful and supportive manner.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work over-time when needed and able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team essential.
- Ability to speak the local languages is a plus
- Ability to communicate well in English as well as write clear and concise reports in English is plus.