|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for a Principal Information Systems Auditor in the Legal & Risk division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the EHOD - Internal Audit, the position holder will be responsible for leading, planning, executing, and documenting Information System audits in the Network and IT Domain in accordance with the internal audit plan as well as leading risk assessments for proactive risk identification, assurance and advisory.
- Assess the risks inherent in the company's systems and recommend measures to mitigate them.
- Participation in the overall development and delivery of the audit plan
- Conduct system audits to provide assurance on the adequacy of controls to mitigate and/or manage the technology risk to acceptable levels.
- Assess the effectiveness of control areas such application controls, information security, change & incident management, business continuity planning, capacity management, quality of service, data protection standards, logging techniques deployed etc.
- Providing independent assurance during system implementations / upgrade of systems.
- Prepare deliverables/reports for senior management that include insights into thematic issues, trends and best practices.
- Follow up audit recommendations and validate the implementation of resolution actions.
- Manage assignment level quality requirements in all audit work in conformance to internal policies and audit standards.
- Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science or related field from a recognized university.
- 5-7 years’ experience in IT auditing/assurance preferably in technology-intensive organization (audit firm, telecom, financial services institution, utility, technology company).
- Experience in the use of data analysis tools
- Knowledge of networks technology, operating systems, communication technologies, and assurance methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Proven ability to self-start and effectively manage multiple assignments.
- The ability to work under pressure and be resilient and tenacious to get results
- Professional Qualifications in IT audit (such as CISA) or information technology service management frameworks (ITIL / COBIT) or similar certifications is desirable.
- Detailed understanding of the GSM environment would be an advantage.
- Certified Public Accountant would be an added advantage