|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 19, 2022|
|Category|| Audit |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for a Principal Internal Auditor within the Legal and Risk Function in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the EHOD – Internal Audit, the position will be responsible for leading the delivery of audits across all business processes.
- Review of the policies and procedures being set up for adequacy and completion of key controls.
- Plan, conduct and deliver audits of all business processes
- Manage the execution of audit engagements to ensure conformance to Internal Audit policies, standards and procedures for the delivery of high-quality results within defined audit plans and budgets.
- Perform audits within an ERP, Telecommunications, and digital environment, identifying control deficiencies and providing insight for enhanced utilization of the related systems by the business and promoting continuous improvement through technology.
- Provide practical and cost-effective advice to management on designing, implementing and enhancing internal controls.
- Provide assurance in strategic projects. Recommend controls that should be incorporated within the system to mitigate identified risks.
- Track implementation status of audit recommendations. Maintain partnership with clients to ensure that all audit issues are resolved within defined timelines.
- Development and implementation of the Continuous Auditing and Monitoring Program around key areas of concern / exposure.
- Upper second-class degree in Business or Technology from a recognized University.
- Professional certification in accounting (CPA/ACCA). Other qualifications e.g. CISA, CIA would be an added advantage.
- 6 to 8 years working experience in auditing of Telecommunication/ Technology intensive controls and project assurance in a reputable professional audit firm or internal audit environment.
- Experience in successfully delivering audit engagements and strategic projects assurance.
- Good knowledge of key applications supporting core business processes.
- Detailed knowledge of business operations is essential.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and stakeholder engagement skills.